Fuel additive?

What fuel additive if any do people use in their systems? 
I’ve not got a favourite, I chucked a bottle of this in yesterday AE2175AC-26FE-4D36-97BA-8045FACA4EEA.thumb.jpeg.04dc17aeab13928762bd3b6a9d4ea239.jpegI’m not sure if it does anything at all, or if it’s a mixture of snake oil and placebo in one bottle. 

I put some stabiliser in my tank this morning "marine 16 diesel fuel complete" IIRC

Had a bit of trouble with diesel bug due to boat being stood so long before I bought her, so cleaned tank out (as far as I could reach inside with a wet vac) and will give this a try

I've got 2 inline Racor filters/separators and a filter on engine which pick up everything before it goes through the fuel pump, but will be monitoring this for a few weeks

I’ve got a separator in mine before the main fuel filter, a couple of weeks ago I had to stick a bit of wire up it to get the drain hole because there was sludge blocking it. I always seem to have a bit of water in there, but at least it’s working. My fuel tank sits behind the engine and I believe it’s an engine out job to remove it, some people cut access hatches in the top to clean them out. 

I usually use Motul fully synthetic two stroke oil as an additive.... 🤣🤣

There are a few good additives to stop fuel going off out there, but doesn't seem so much of an issue with 2 stroke mix, jus give it a shake every now n then......

1 hour ago, iowspence said:

Hi Guys, 

Funnily enough, I was about to post about this.

I had a bit of an issue at the weekend being very far from home and had engine issues, and thankfully found someone 5 miles away from where I was (30 miles from home)!! who came and towed me back.

My engineer has looked at it and the filters were clogged solid (Racor) and when cleaning the tank out he removed 6 Litres of diesel bug (360 L tank). I had a bit in there before which I wasnt aware of and have been using Marine 16 (20ml per 20L of Red Diesel) but this doesnt seem to have cured it, and if anything it has got worse.

I have been told that there was another more potent diesel bug additive than Marine 16, so unsure if anyone knows what this is??

Cheers

Spence 

Wow! You had a lucky escape! Well done for finding a tow. I was out on Sunday at St Cats and thought of giving you a shout on 16 just to see if you were about. Wish I had done now as I would have come and helped out.

Interestingly on my way home I saw a private boat with a couple of shark floats out drifting the Deep on the flood. I wonder how he got on...

44 minutes ago, iowspence said:

A very lucky escape Andy. I was probably 10 miles south of the Needles, at 6am, in the dark, alone and broken down!! 😬

Did you come past Sandown bay about 10.30am? There was a boat flying off down towards the Light... I thought it was someone else, but may have been you?

There was a few boats Sharking. Blanks all around...

I was passing the Forts at 10.15 so likely to have been crossing Sandown Bay around 10.30-10.45. Did the boat you saw have a blue hull and white superstructure? I was looking at the Camswan, then the Highland Brigade on side-scan, so probably didn't get flying until closer to 10.45.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:29 AM, JonC said:

What fuel additive if any do people use in their systems? 
I’ve not got a favourite, I chucked a bottle of this in yesterday AE2175AC-26FE-4D36-97BA-8045FACA4EEA.thumb.jpeg.04dc17aeab13928762bd3b6a9d4ea239.jpegI’m not sure if it does anything at all, or if it’s a mixture of snake oil and placebo in one bottle. 

Remember the ad - Lucasade ) (Lucazade) - aids recovery. Geoff.