Safety equipment?

I’ve been a little remiss with safety equipment of late, so I’ve been picking up a few bits. I got one of these to replace the manky horseshoe ring 

BAAB3668-EC47-4ABA-AE59-9F4D4B54091A.thumb.png.bfee3e5657901df4afb9a8ee8aabc699.pngIt’s a rescue sling in a nice tidy rail mounted bag. 
9DA488BF-F3C4-4516-8CB2-BCDAB1417B35.thumb.jpeg.4e98fffd560eba9d35ea92341e9116c0.jpegAlso picked up a rescue me PLB 1, I know some people prefer Epirbs but either is better than nothing.

What other useful safety items other than the usual flares and pot noodles should I be looking at? 

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

A handheld DSC VHF is on my shopping list. I have a non-DSC one clipped to my life jacket along with my PLB, but a DSC version would give two ways to be located should one fail.

I have a cobra dsc, good bit of kit, not sure how good it would be if you were in the water though 

Just now, JonC said:

I have a cobra dsc, good bit of kit, not sure how good it would be if you were in the water though 

Well, once in the water it's simple enough to hit the red button on the VHF and it will broadcast your location. Useful as you don't need to open your mouth to talk and risk getting a gobful.

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Well, once in the water it's simple enough to hit the red button on the VHF and it will broadcast your location. Useful as you don't need to open your mouth to talk and risk getting a gobful.

It has a burp button that is supposed to clear the microphone somehow. 
Also can Bluetooth it to a phone but most phones are waterproof now so not such a benefit .