Conger PB

Tony smith

13 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I caught it in 2008, and yes I did have a photo at the time, however, I guess it has touched a bit of a raw nerve...............

In 2012 I formatted the wrong hard disc after a PC rebuild 😢 and completely lost all my pictures and videos, including those from when we lived in Oz, our holidays in the Rockies, USA, Chile, Cost Rica, Caribbean, Reunion, Maldives, Seychelles, Azores, Madeira, Cape Verde, Europe etc, ............. to say I was unpopular would be putting it mildly !

I honestly believed that they were backed up to DVD's, but sadly that didn't seem to be the case, however, even after all this time I keep looking if I find an old DVD

Back then, my PC had 4TB on 4 drives and I used to disconnect everything except the system drive when doing upgrades, but for some reason I disconnected the wrong drive and never checked before formatting, I can remember it like yesterday.

Now, all my drives are SSD (6TB) all my photos and business records are backed up onto the cloud.

As far as excuses go... that’s a good one👍🏻

20 minutes ago, JDP said:

Don't believe everything on social media, many fish can swim backwards. As for congers being considered game fish, there's a reason they aren't!!!

Nobody said they are called game fish Jon, but we did say they are sport fish. Because the fight they give is good sport! 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

As far as excuses go... that’s a good one👍🏻

It is often mentioned in this household !

She was a firm follower of 35mm film and glossy pictures. I was a digital convert from the late 90’s onwards. The ‘I told you so’ crops up quite often.

sad for me is the pictures of billfish (marlin), rainbow runners, monster sharks, and roosters that were lost.

11 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

It is often mentioned in this household !

She was a firm follower of 35mm film and glossy pictures. I was a digital convert from the late 90’s onwards. The ‘I told you so’ crops up quite often.

sad for me is the pictures of billfish (marlin), rainbow runners, monster sharks, and roosters that were lost.

I suppose your lucky it wasn’t your wedding photos! 
but then sepia tone probably didn’t go digital. 🤣

I lost all a lot of my photo's as well, mine were all printed photo's, as you, of hols, bikes, mates inc some no longer with us and thousands of other moments in time. All down to a vindictive ex, even my album collection was lost.....

23 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Fair warning Jon. You can either move him to the Humour section or I can find him a permanent home under the "Delete" button. 😘

@Andy135

just look at his little eyes! How could you be cruel?

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

@Andy135

just look at his little eyes! How could you be cruel?

Don't talk about cruel Jon. You're the one who abandoned him on this thread instead of giving him a home of his own. Despite my call for a new home for him you left him to his fate so I had to do the decent thing and put him out of his misery.

Just now, Andy135 said:

Don't talk about cruel Jon. You're the one who abandoned him on this thread instead of giving him a home of his own. Despite my call for a new home for him you left him to his fate so I had to do the decent thing and put him out of his misery.

A lettuce is for life Andy not just dinner 

19 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Jon I found this.........

84DBE9B8-47C9-4127-A7CE-B76CF28A795C.jpeg.332e459ee05c2548b33466f06ffc1744.jpeg

is it yours?

🤣🤣🤣 Little fucker gave me the slip! Quick, someone catch hold of him for me while I find the Delete button!