who fishes alone on their boat?

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

The age we live in , people tend to film things rather than intervening, then WhatsApp it around. 

Yeah, but the way you said it made it sound like you thought he would be perving on his mate. 😱

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

Don’t judge everyone by your low standards. 
I was thinking more of the comedy value than nonsing, but whatever turns you on?

Don't try to turn this around on me Jon. You wrote about him stripping off and being filmed, not me.

#we'veoutedaperv...

1 minute ago, JonC said:

And don’t for one moment try to tell me that if you had a film of one of us sinking in our underpants that you wouldn’t spam it all over the place 🤣

FFS man, I wouldn't even have my phone out! I'd be trying to get you out of the water, pronto!

55 minutes ago, JonC said:

If your outboard was fouled on a fixed rope would the tilt have the power to raise itself against a strong tide?

Yep! 

I picked up an old anchor line and mine pulled it up.... 2 mins with a knife and I was free. Tied a buoy on the old line, pulled it up and took it home 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I guess everyone has a knife in your area just to protect themselves 

You would be surprised just how many experienced boat owners who don't have a knife to hand. 

However, it is no big deal for me as I have a knife on my LJ. 

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

You would be surprised just how many experienced boat owners who don't have a knife to hand. 

However, it is no big deal for me as I have a knife on my LJ. 

Just imagine if you tripped, fell and popped your dingy 30 miles out 🤦🏻

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Just imagine if you tripped, fell and popped your dingy 30 miles out 🤦🏻

Prick 🙄 Are you being a flid again 🤣🤣🤣

The knife is sheathed. 

Popping a tube is not important as there are 5 chambers. On my last boat I popped a stern port tube when I dropped a pointy fillet knife. We travelled 12 miles back to port in a snotty sea with no problems

Edited by GPSguru

yeah good practice to always have a knife to hand, i also have a folding pruning saw aboard - just seems more up to the job than a fillet knife if needed!

its reaching the rope thats the issue - lashing one to a boat hook could be a quick fix?