best all round reel for £100 ish? Right hand, Level Wind, size 30

I have a Penn Warfare LW. Nice reel for light duty fishing, but it's clear to see how they get to that price point when you put side to side with a Penn Fathom, say. Most of the fittings on the Warfare are plastic or graphite, so not convinced it would stand up to fishing as part of a 20-30lb set up. If you can stretch your budget to a Fathom 20LW you'd be well equipped. Personally I feel a 30 wide reel is a bit overkill, so a 20 would be more than adequate.

Shimano charter special 2000 size.

I have 9 of them and they will handle any general fishing that the uk has to offer. Good reliable reels, and the drag is mega smooth if you change to carbontex drag washers.

I use them for everything except sharks and tuna, for these I use Fin Nor 2 speed MA20’s or Shimano TLD 20’s

30 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I have 9 of them and they will handle any general fishing that the uk has to offer. Good reliable reels, and the drag is mega smooth if you change to carbontex drag washers.

I use them for everything except sharks and tuna, for these I use Fin Nor 2 speed MA20’s or Shimano TLD 20’s

Are they level wind though Ian? 

40 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Shame they don’t do left handed versions ☹️

No, but left handed reels are for blue badge holders only.😂

However, they are lever drag, which is 100% better than clockwork star drag 🤣

On 5/4/2021 at 4:18 PM, GPSguru said:

In comparison to an SL30SH how are they size wise,  I've looked online at them but I'd like some small level wind reels just couldn't see any thing dimension wise to compare the slosh 

25 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

In comparison to an SL30SH how are they size wise,  I've looked online at them but I'd like some small level wind reels just couldn't see any thing dimension wise to compare the slosh 

I have a slosh and to be honest although it’s a good reel, it doesn’t wind anywhere near as smooth as a penn squall. 

26 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Probably the 1000 size model is closer to a SLOSH. I have got all the specs for size / weight and will post them up later.

I went for a Sl30sh in the end - so i now have a 20 and 30 for my boat work - the old 2nd hand (abu/diawa sealine) stuff ive been using can be spares and for friends.

I now have a Penn INXS uptide rod paired with the SL20Sh - to be loaded with diawa sensor 30lb line

and a shakespere ugly stick 20-30lb paired with the SL30sh - to be loaded with 50lb berkley whiplash

i've also bought a rovex kayak rod & Abu baitcaster reel for the kayak and a leeda carbon spin road and abu cardinal 54 for spinning,

went a bit mad with Aprils pay packet 🤫