Injector seals?

JonC

3 hours ago, JonC said:

My fitter has run diagnostics and the management light was for the stop solenoid

You don't want to be going out with the stop solenoid faulty, they do exactly what it says on the tin and cut off the fuel supply, some can be bypassed, others not so easy !

The engine fired on the button this morning. I had to pull a few bits off to get to the pump for numbers then it didn’t want to start afterwards. 
I contacted Colchester fuel injection services and they are sending me a replacement solenoid in exchange for some moneys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully to conclude this tedious issue I went down to the boat this afternoon to drop my tackle off and the engine fired straight away, no ifs or buts exactly as it should. 
On some of the Facebook sites I use people curse the hypersensitive computer on the vw engine, but without the diagnostic I would be ripping bits of engine out all over the place. Over the last couple of years as the fault has worsened nobody that I have spoken to has mentioned stop solenoid, everyone has said air leak or injector problem. 

25 minutes ago, JonC said:

Hopefully to conclude this tedious issue I went down to the boat this afternoon to drop my tackle off and the engine fired straight away, no ifs or buts exactly as it should. 
On some of the Facebook sites I use people curse the hypersensitive computer on the vw engine, but without the diagnostic I would be ripping bits of engine out all over the place. Over the last couple of years as the fault has worsened nobody that I have spoken to has mentioned stop solenoid, everyone has said air leak or injector problem. 

Did you diagnose all yourself? I can’t be arsed to read back? 

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Did you diagnose all yourself? I can’t be arsed to read back? 

I remember your mate Sam the mechanic mentioning it now come to think of it. 

On 7/4/2021 at 5:33 PM, JonC said:

Was the new stop solenoid expensive ? and was it difficult to fit ?

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Was the new stop solenoid expensive ? and was it difficult to fit ?

The solenoid was about £20, fitting was a bit of a pain but as I had to strip a few bits out of the way to get to the pump. 

49 minutes ago, JonC said:

The solenoid was about £20, fitting was a bit of a pain but as I had to strip a few bits out of the way to get to the pump. 

That is a very reasonable price 👍, I would have thought maybe twice that price.

At least it is fixed now, and you can go out with confidence.