Show us yer boat the man said...

Clinker

As and when work, tides and weather allows - once a week on average sometimes more - I ceramic coated the engine when it was new and before it went in at the beginning of the season - I usually just rinse off the salt with the fresh water as I do the cabin top and sides, sometimes not - this is my second recent Merc so now at 9 years of ownership between the two and providing you keep the black reasonably clean it keeps its looks OK - the previous one looked almost as new when I traded it in at 9 years old

- photo taken just before we removed it 

9FAD755A-24AD-4106-9ABF-307E31EF7BFD.jpeg

My Suzuki looks like its been used as target practice at the local riffle range!!!!!...just been polishing it ready for viewing now its on sale. 

Will have to look further into the ceramics, though much of my boats issues comes from sharks and novices I take out that see the black engine as a good place to smack their terminal tackle!!!

Thats good that you get to head out so often, do you get your fuel while on the water or do you take it out to the boat in a tender.

It’s a drying mooring so I carry the fuel to it and fill when it’s sitting on the sand - I have 3 x 20 litre cans and I tend to top up on a day when I’m not using it so that fueling doesn’t encroach on using it - the petrol station is only 5 minutes away so I can make 2 or 3 trips back and fore with 60 litres at a time.

Nearest water side fueling is over 30 miles away so I’d use the best part of 60 litres just to go and fill up.

Edited by Clinker