Just found some lug

JonC

I’ve just found a couple of packs of lug in my bait fridge from the weekend, which wasn’t plugged in. Smelt fantastic. It is however no match for a 5lb box of squid that I once left in the boot of an old Sierra. That was a thing to behold, all the goodness made its way into the spare wheel hole in the boot and into all the carpet 

I have no idea why I’ve posted this but it was probably the worst smell ever. 

Sounds delicious Jon! 😋

Worst smell ever? My slowly fermenting chum buckets over the summer. Even with the supposedly airtight lids on, and the seals taped up with duct tape I could still smell it. Luckily the neighbours didn't complain.... much...

Ahhh a good chum bucket 🙂 

I still need to empty mine, some of the chum in the bottom has been there since June, maybe when I head out next I will release it into the wild.... may be the cure for COVID19? 🤔🤔🤣🤣

• 1 month later...

We once chucked three trays of bass (evidence) in a mates land rover.  As he was in a big hurry at the depot and had to sign in/label/document each tray, needless to say he forgot one tray and it spent most of August locked in his rover.  The resultant, maggot ridden liquid had gone everywhere, and how he drove that vehicle for several weeks after is beyond me, even after sluicing with neat Jeyes fluid and pressure washing. Luckily we'd photographed each fish, on a length measure, and the court didn't wan't to see the evidence!

Geoff

Hate to say it, but unless you're in deep mud and/or heavy towing the pre Ford rovers were a pain in the arse.  Great for what they do but leaky roofs/screens, ineffective heaters, no steering lock, ride like a boat in a heavy sea and drink fuel.  All our rovers were from the special vehicles division, so the wheels, tyres and suspension were changed and they cost a fortune but still had the faults above.  This aint character, it's don't work.  At 6'2" I don't fit in a Defender unless the bulkhead is moved, a major chassis mod, unless I want to drive all year with one arm out the window and me knee wedged tight between the gearstick and steering wheel!  When heading out on a job the other lads used to fight to ride in the Toyota Hilux I had, leaving their rover behind.  Heater and ventillation work, comfy seats, comfy ride and a third of the price of the specced up rovers at the time.  You'd love the 110 in the village, it was built for the G4 Challenge, which never happened, so is hot orange and every piece of kit from the LR catalogue and loads of one-off graphics.

Hi Sid, I can only speak from my own experience of the LR brand. Many years ago I had a 6 cyl petrol LR Safari, dead reliable, but it really was a bit gutless. After having a F50 Dihatsu four track and then an early 3 door R rover (which was great, but juicy and prone to tin worm) I used Fiat Ducto Maxi's which towed fine, and although FWD is not the best for towing/launching we never had any problems.   I still have a Ducato Maxi (self converted camper van, and for Andy - yes it is finished!!), but 4 years bought a 57 reg RR sport 3.6TDV8. This vehicle is not too large, tows brilliantly and to my mind is the ideal tugger. I am not sure, but I think the engine 3.6 litre v8 is Ford based. Anyway - I LOVE IT. Geoff.

I hate to admit it Andy, but I am a ROVER/MG fan. MY current Rovers are the LR sport, Rover 825 coupe, Rover 75 tourer(estate), a Rover 75 for spares and an 03 MGTF. Glutton for punishment I guess. Geoff.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I hate to admit it Andy, but I am a ROVER/MG fan. MY current Rovers are the LR sport, Rover 825 coupe, Rover 75 tourer(estate), a Rover 75 for spares and an 03 MGTF. Glutton for punishment I guess. Geoff.

Definitely you are. To be fair, I've had my fair share of Rover hardware: MG Roadster, LR Disco 2 TD5 and a Rover K-Series in a Lotus Elise mk 1. Out of all of those, only the K-Series was reliable, and that was only because it hardly got used...

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Davemc said:

I slipped a king prawn into a colleague's back pocket of his jeans once ....after three or for days wearing the same pair he had no friends 😂

Wow! Some friend you are 🤣

What did he do to deserve a stealth prawn?

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Wow! Some friend you are 🤣

What did he do to deserve a stealth prawn?

But he was a lovely lad but I did another horrible act ......

The poor lad was a "washeruper" In a restaurant I worked in and as he was bent over the sink I tipped a room temperature copious amount of gravy down the crack of his arse!!   Being stealthy he did know !!  ....BUT ...... I was amazed three days later to see the same gravy stained pants hanging out of his smelly jeans  as he was bent over the afore mentioned Sink ..

4 minutes ago, Davemc said:

The poor lad was a "washeruper" In a restaurant I worked in and as he was bent over the sink I tipped a room temperature copious amount of gravy down the crack of his arse!!   Being stealthy he did know !!  ....BUT ...... I was amazed three days later to see the same gravy stained pants hanging out of his smelly jeans  as he was bent over the afore mentioned Sink ..

🤢

5 minutes ago, Davemc said:

🤣🤣🤣

• 1 month later...