Jump to content

Newbie….


 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

Welcome Brian. Nice looking boat in your profile pic. 👍

Cheers mate, love it, went from a DA19 to the Arvor 215, great bit of kit. 

 

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Welcome on, post us some pictures of them big skate things! 

Will do mate

6C3E7BA3-FDC9-4966-A675-86FD20DF7C94.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brian Lawrence said:

Cheers mate, love it, went from a DA19 to the Arvor 215, great bit of kit. 

 

Will do mate

6C3E7BA3-FDC9-4966-A675-86FD20DF7C94.jpeg

Well that ain't a small fish! Top work 👍

Where was that caught? Up in Scotland?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where do you even start with them things? It’s hard enough getting a decent roker off the floor let alone one of them things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Where do you even start with them things? It’s hard enough getting a decent roker off the floor let alone one of them things. 

You need some weetabix 🙄🤣

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you get them in the boat and back again without knocking them about to much, or are you keeping them ?

Also are you tagging them and if so are you catching others with tags ? would be interesting to gather an idea on how many are in the area and how many are recaptured.

Edited by JDP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JDP said:

How do you get them in the boat and back again without knocking them about to much, or are you keeping them ?

Also are you tagging them and if so are you catching others with tags ? would be interesting to gather an idea on how many are in the area and how many are recaptured.

I don’t tag them but I do have repeat captures. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Welcome aboard Brian

I guess either you are 3ft tall or that is a big skate!!

I didn’t even notice Brian laying next to the thing. 🥸

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome Brian,

 

infollow your exploits on Facebook 🙂 we don’t get skate down here in west Wales (or at least no-one thinks we do) but given there is 400ft of water in the Celtic deeps in the no fish area I think it’s worth a try on a small tide and good sea conditions…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Welcome Brian,

 

infollow your exploits on Facebook 🙂 we don’t get skate down here in west Wales (or at least no-one thinks we do) but given there is 400ft of water in the Celtic deeps in the no fish area I think it’s worth a try on a small tide and good sea conditions…..

There is skate in W Wales bud😀 defo worth a go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Brian Lawrence said:

Haha, it’s not me, my mate Richie, but he is smaller than me, 😂

I was so into looking at the skate, my eyes didn’t even recognise a human! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know literally nothing about targeting skate. What's the typical method for catching them Brian? Rods, rigs, baits, type of ground etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...