I’m up together.

Tarlach Too has had some serious investments and upgrades this year. And I can finally say that I now have the boat I’ve always wanted. Equipped with all the toys to keep my man maths accountant (me) happy. 
Since I’ve had her I have had fitted :

2 x gpsmap 8410 mfd

Garmin xhd 4K radar

ais transmit and receive

icom vhf (can’t remember the model)

Remote search light

new deck light

twin leisure battery install and upgrade

reposition shunt battery

diesel heating

new dab fusion head unit

second engine bay light

additional 240v sockets

new dvd tv

and ive had the kitchenette unit re veneered. 

on top of all that there is the engine and prop maintenance I performed in February. 

She’s a keeper (until Leo is too tall to sleep in the lounge double berth)! 

I don’t mean this to sound like a boast, but I’ve always wanted a boat that has it all. Now I have, and I love it!

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Not boasting at all. You deserve to be proud and happy with your boat.

However, you will always be upgrading stuff as you go forward, it is what we do ! 👍

Not sure I have room for anything else Ian. The only other thing would be zipwake blades. But I seriously have no space on the dash for the controls! 🤣

19 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Tarlach Too has had some serious investments and upgrades this year. And I can finally say that I now have the boat I’ve always wanted. Equipped with all the toys to keep my man maths accountant (me) happy. 
Since I’ve had her I have had fitted :

2 x gpsmap 8410 mfd

Garmin xhd 4K radar

ais transmit and receive

icom vhf (can’t remember the model)

Remote search light

new deck light

twin leisure battery install and upgrade

reposition shunt battery

diesel heating

new dab fusion head unit

second engine bay light

additional 240v sockets

new dvd tv

and ive had the kitchenette unit re veneered. 

on top of all that there is the engine and prop maintenance I performed in February. 

She’s a keeper (until Leo is too tall to sleep in the lounge double berth)! 

I don’t mean this to sound like a boast, but I’ve always wanted a boat that has it all. Now I have, and I love it!

Have you managed to enroll on an open university course to work the radar? 

I love the Garmin 8410 but they do seem very small for a so called 10 inch screen, which most of isn't used. You don't mention what transducers you are running with them. Im running 175hw, Panoptics ps30, GT51 and hopefully a 175L in the near future (a lot of wiring in a 14ft centre console). Im running both Garmin and simrad eve 3 into the same nmea network just to confuse myself when it comes to the menu's!!!!

6 hours ago, JDP said:

I love the Garmin 8410 but they do seem very small for a so called 10 inch screen, which most of isn't used. You don't mention what transducers you are running with them. Im running 175hw, Panoptics ps30, GT51 and hopefully a 175L in the near future (a lot of wiring in a 14ft centre console). Im running both Garmin and simrad eve 3 into the same nmea network just to confuse myself when it comes to the menu's!!!!

I recon he’ll be using  a gt41 if I know Fisty 

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

@JDP I am utilising the GT41 and the LV12 panoptics . 

I take it you like the gt41.  Any reason to not using a chirp or a higher speck transducer to match the head unit in terms of quality and power.

33 minutes ago, JDP said:

I take it you like the gt41.  Any reason to not using a chirp or a higher speck transducer to match the head unit in terms of quality and power.

I’ve just fired up the plotters and checked the specs Jon. 
This is what I have…

8786F692-2DE0-4055-8DAB-560A24289EA1.jpeg.0a1b11c949c00fe91627b1518a711908.jpeg

And this is what they give me..

DDFB69AB-E9A1-462E-95E1-BEEC2307FF56.jpeg.4d54d0549558c132f2bffc9a7874c9b2.jpeg

So yeah I’m happy with it all. 

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve just fired up the plotters and checked the specs Jon. 
This is what I have…

8786F692-2DE0-4055-8DAB-560A24289EA1.jpeg.0a1b11c949c00fe91627b1518a711908.jpeg

And this is what they give me..

DDFB69AB-E9A1-462E-95E1-BEEC2307FF56.jpeg.4d54d0549558c132f2bffc9a7874c9b2.jpeg

So yeah I’m happy with it all. 

Have you used all the functions yet to see just how they perform?  If not, once you get used to it could you post a few screen shots from some fishy marks. Ive had 200-50 kHz 600w transducers hold and show bottom out to 500m but with the 8410 Ive invested into some higher specked chirp gear but yet to test on my new rig as Im still fitting it out. The sidescan on 260khz on my last boat scanned well at depths to 140m and 250m either side of the boat, way past anything I had achieved with Lowrance in the past. Those 8410 units are heavy solid lumps compared to the Simrad evo 3 (Im running both in mine).

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

@JDPnext time I get out I will try to take a few shots. But as you know, middle of the solent the ground isn’t that interesting. 

Do you get up around the Alum Bay area, there would be some interesting ground  around there to sidescan.