Radar tutorial

11 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve looked on YouTube for race instruction videos to get my head more around the radar overlay and settings. But they are all pretty full of waffle. Can anybody recommend a good no nonsense educational radar video?

Why don’t you ask that Steve fella if he’s so ffing great? 

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve looked on YouTube for race instruction videos to get my head more around the radar overlay and settings. But they are all pretty full of waffle. Can anybody recommend a good no nonsense educational radar video?

Garmin have some on their 'Learning Centre'

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=86235&tab=videos

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Garmin have some on their 'Learning Centre'

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=86235&tab=videos

I think with Neil’s setup he would be best to use it without chart overlay and AIS, it’s a fantastic bit of kit but there is so much going on that it’s hard to interpret. Once the basics are sussed out then it will be easier with the overlay and he will be able to get the full benefit of the kit. 
It’s far more complex than my furuno system that just shows blobs of custard all over the place. 

13 minutes ago, JonC said:

I think with Neil’s setup he would be best to use it without chart overlay and AIS, it’s a fantastic bit of kit but there is so much going on that it’s hard to interpret. Once the basics are sussed out then it will be easier with the overlay and he will be able to get the full benefit of the kit. 
It’s far more complex than my furuno system that just shows blobs of custard all over the place. 

That might have something to do with the bag of donuts you insist on having to take on the boat Jon........ 🍩🍩