Jump to content

Radar tutorial


 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve looked on YouTube for race instruction videos to get my head more around the radar overlay and settings. But they are all pretty full of waffle. Can anybody recommend a good no nonsense educational radar video?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve looked on YouTube for race instruction videos to get my head more around the radar overlay and settings. But they are all pretty full of waffle. Can anybody recommend a good no nonsense educational radar video?

Why don’t you ask that Steve fella if he’s so ffing great? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve looked on YouTube for race instruction videos to get my head more around the radar overlay and settings. But they are all pretty full of waffle. Can anybody recommend a good no nonsense educational radar video?

Garmin have some on their 'Learning Centre'

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=86235&tab=videos

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Garmin have some on their 'Learning Centre'

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?productID=86235&tab=videos

 

 

I think with Neil’s setup he would be best to use it without chart overlay and AIS, it’s a fantastic bit of kit but there is so much going on that it’s hard to interpret. Once the basics are sussed out then it will be easier with the overlay and he will be able to get the full benefit of the kit. 
It’s far more complex than my furuno system that just shows blobs of custard all over the place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JonC said:

I think with Neil’s setup he would be best to use it without chart overlay and AIS, it’s a fantastic bit of kit but there is so much going on that it’s hard to interpret. Once the basics are sussed out then it will be easier with the overlay and he will be able to get the full benefit of the kit. 
It’s far more complex than my furuno system that just shows blobs of custard all over the place. 

That might have something to do with the bag of donuts you insist on having to take on the boat Jon........ 🍩🍩

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...