Is a dry stack safe in high winds.

Just now, ever optimistic said:

i trust all was well in the end.

Well, I haven't had an apologetic call from the dry stack team, so I can only assume she's still safe and sound...

ย 

ย 

....either that or they're still busy calling everyone else on the rack and they haven't got down to my name yet!ย ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฃ

@Andy135, there are a couple of proper membersย on here that are behaving like they are both embedded in scunthorpe,ย 

Their actions are causing unnecessary alarm and distress to dry stack users, which in turn also causes unwanted stress in these difficult times.

Both of these individuals should know better and I hope they are deeply ashamed of their actions,

Having said the above, I think that in storm conditions a boat on a dry stack is probably the safer alternative, as having a boat on a pontoon continually being bounced into the pontoon by the action on the wind and at risk of broken chaffed ropes and maybe collision from a another boat that maybe broke its mooring, is probably a vastly greater worry,

I think this pair of errants, owe you a profound apology.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by GPSguru

30 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

@Andy135, there are a couple of proper membersย on here that are behaving like they are both embedded in scunthorpe,ย 

Their actions are causing unnecessary alarm and distress to dry stack users, which in turn also causes unwanted stress in these difficult times.

Both of these individuals should know better and I hope they are deeply ashamed of their actions,

Having said the above, I think that in storm conditions a boat on a dry stack is probably the safer alternative, as having a boat on a pontoon continually being bounced into the pontoon by the action on the wind and at risk of broken chaffed ropes and maybe collision from a another boat that maybe broke its mooring, is probably a vastly greater worry,

I think this pair of errants, owe you a profound apology.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I missed all of this? Whoever has been stressing old sausage fenders out?ย 
I will speak to the other senior leadership team members ( Fisty) and we shall launch a full investigationย 

4 hours ago, JonC said:

I missed all of this? Whoever has been stressing old sausage fenders out?ย 
I will speak to the other senior leadership team members ( Fisty) and we shall launch a full investigationย 

i will belive that. when it happens

On 7/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, Andy135 said:

Well, I haven't had an apologetic call from the dry stack team, so I can only assume she's still safe and sound...

ย 

ย 

....either that or they're still busy calling everyone else on the rack and they haven't got down to my name yet!ย ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคฃ

No movement on any boats that I could see,ย  yard were still moving boats on and off the racks,ย  they normally suspend that once wind limit is exceeded

2 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

No movement on any boats that I could see,ย  yard were still moving boats on and off the racks,ย  they normally suspend that once wind limit is exceeded

That's reassuring as I haven't been down to the boat since we had the high winds, so I'm guessing it was business as usual for them ๐Ÿ‘