Ahoy!

Adam

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm not totally newby to conger fishing. I've never cought one myself but was out with people that targeted them and even helped to land them. I have a decent rods and reels with proper line and 100lb rigs with steel traces. The thing is that I wasn't interested in targeting this kind of species before but now its my goal and it MUST be just me and my boat - not mates etc... Hope you are getting what I mean 😂 Anchoring Harry's would be tricky, its close to the main ship road to Swanage, Weymouth, Portland so it's always busy as hell.

Good stuff. Sounds like you know what's needed to tackle them. And I totally get the need for a solo capture on your own boat. After all, it's why we all own our own boats instead of paying for charters. 👍

Finding conger ground is key. Neil's suggestion of the Needles area is a good one. Plenty of conger to be had over that way without the hassle of large shipping. Pick a calm day and fuel up 👍🎣

welcome Adam, i'm based out of weymouth, and there's plenty of conger along the dorset coast - Lulworth ledges etc - also plenty feed on open ground outside of portland harbour, and under the east side of portland itself.

use navionics to find th erough ground and you'll find the conger - poss Huss too