Jump to content

globoul warming


 Share

Recommended Posts

i wunder when they will start on the boating ferturnity, ie electrick engins.?????

they whont us all to be vegys , all meat to be baned.evan fish.

well i whont be around in 20 years, but a lote of you will.

so what are your thoughts  on this subject

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Next will most likely be a natural gas to hydrogen gas conversion for domestic use. It’s just not possible for every household to run a heat pump. 

is that going to be cheeper than fitting a new boiler

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

is that going to be cheeper than fitting a new boiler

Yes for sure. It just all depends on which way the industry swings. In my opinion, a gas conversion is the next step. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was amazed that anyone was surprised by today’s announcements. Everyone knows that we are wrecking the planet already. The hard thing is getting us to change our habits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JonC said:

I was amazed that anyone was surprised by today’s announcements. Everyone knows that we are wrecking the planet already. The hard thing is getting us to change our habits. 

What announcements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes for sure. It just all depends on which way the industry swings. In my opinion, a gas conversion is the next step. 

About 10 years ago I was speaking to a guy in France ( he was English) about his heating system that is powered/ supplied by water from hundreds of meters below his house, the setup was staggeringly expensive but I guess it may become affordable if it’s mass produced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JonC said:

About 10 years ago I was speaking to a guy in France ( he was English) about his heating system that is powered/ supplied by water from hundreds of meters below his house, the setup was staggeringly expensive but I guess it may become affordable if it’s mass produced. 

Ground source heat pumps have been arounD for donkeys years. Trouble is they take up too much room. Not so much the boiler but the actual heat source collectors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ground source heat pumps have been arounD for donkeys years. Trouble is they take up too much room. Not so much the boiler but the actual heat source collectors. 

I didn’t inspect the instal or anything, I wasn’t that interested!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JonC said:

I was amazed that anyone was surprised by today’s announcements. Everyone knows that we are wrecking the planet already. The hard thing is getting us to change our habits. 

Most of it is just hot air and in ten years time they will be saying all the same stuff again ............... words are cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Most of it is just hot air and in ten years time they will be saying all the same stuff again ............... words are cheap

Oh I’m sure someone will set a few new targets, no intention of ever hitting them but nice words. 
 

To be fair no mainstream political parties are going to financially penalise their voters through fear of not being re-elected so we are stuck with what we have. 
This is getting a bit close to a political conversation brooding let’s just go back to digging at each other to maintain the status quo. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Oh I’m sure someone will set a few new targets, no intention of ever hitting them but nice words. 
 

To be fair no mainstream political parties are going to financially penalise their voters through fear of not being re-elected so we are stuck with what we have. 
This is getting a bit close to a political conversation brooding let’s just go back to digging at each other to maintain the status quo. 

You brought political parties into it 🤔. This thread was ticking over nicely until then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes for sure. It just all depends on which way the industry swings. In my opinion, a gas conversion is the next step. 

Isn't it going to be trialled somewhere oop norf soon ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Isn't it going to be trialled somewhere oop norf soon ?

I tink soo. It’ll be a tough programme to organise, but rest assured some body will get fat and rich from it! 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I tink soo. It’ll be a tough programme to organise, but rest assured some body will get fat and rich from it! 

Yes, just like all the other new boiler schemes that have come and gone

Shit installs where someone has just thrown an entry level boiler on the wall and walked away

And the bill to local gov is around the 4/5 k mark

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plenty of electric cars, outboards and inboards already in use, as well as bio diesel engines. As for other ways to improve how we live, Ive been looking into these homes as my next move https://www.atomic6.com.au open the pricing to see the designs and costs which are bellow half the cost of a traditional build.

I don't think the term global warming is used much anymore, its now Climate change. We currently have sea temps at bellow 13'c locally, coldest in the past is around 16'c. In summer we are getting water temps about 2'c higher than average and day temps close to 50'c, hence the fires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Climate change……. This is probably a better phrase. Caused more by the earth twisting on its axis more than  by man. If the world is warming then why is Australia water getting colder? 
Im not saying the world isn’t changing, just saying that no matter what we do it will still happen, because that’s just the way of things. It’s a cycle that will happen regardless. 
But those in power use it as a con to tax more and keep things and industries moving on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the PC Greens have gone too far with things, stating cows are bad for the environment. huge friggin herds of em used to roam free, feeding the odd carnivour as they went.

Having said that, I would be inclined to clean my act up more when they stop doing things like decimating the rain forests which probably affects our weather patterns more than they realise. As for the rest of it, we are heading towards our own extinction where we will screw the planet up that much it becomes unhabitable.

Maybe if we got rid of 75% of the population now, we will be ok?

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I think the PC Greens have gone too far with things, stating cows are bad for the environment. huge friggin herds of em used to roam free, feeding the odd carnivour as they went.

Having said that, I would be inclined to clean my act up more when they stop doing things like decimating the rain forests which probably affects our weather patterns more than they realise. As for the rest of it, we are heading towards our own extinction where we will screw the planet up that much it becomes unhabitable.

Maybe if we got rid of 75% of the population now, we will be ok?

 

What we need is a pandemic!! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

huge friggin herds of em used to roam free

I wonder what the current average domestic cattle population is now compared to when the buffaloes were roaming North America, they say that there was miles of them roaming in herds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...