Raider 18

PompeyDave

Quick couple of pics showing the Raider refurbished dashboard with new Simrad Fishfinder/plotter/GPS and VHF. All seems to be working well, although I don't seem to be able to display the 'shaded relief' display of the bottom in C-Map. Anyone know how to display it? I should have it as I bought the upgrade chip from Cactus with the fishfinder.

Raider dash.jpg

raider 2.jpg

Edited by PompeyDave

From the plotter screen click into the the menu. 

Then scroll down for the more options.

Then chart options.

Photo transparency slider all the way up.

High res bathy ticked.

Shaded relief ticked.

Should now work with depth contours and shaded relief.

I have an evo3 and a Garmin 8410 both with these charts.

Edited by JDP

Hi Dave,

Good to see you here. I saw that you joined the ECA fishing WhatsApp a while back. Hope all is well?

Boat looks good. For CMap Reveal, select the chart pane on your Simrad, then go to the Menu and select Options, Chart Options, High Resolution Bathymetrics (if I remember correctly). This should enable the Reveal layer.

Thanks guys, I'll try it next time I'm down the ECA. Yes Andy I'm on the WhatsApp group now- just need to sort a little shoreside charging issue and I'll be out there again. Missed the Fishermans BBQ, but glad I didn't get to sample the Swedish tinned fish 🤮 

32 minutes ago, PompeyDave said:

glad I didn't get to sample the Swedish tinned fish 🤮 

Yes, I missed the BBQ and the tinned fish too. Having seen some YT vids of people trying (and failing) to eat it, I think we dodged a bullet there!

• 1 month later...