GPS map2010c antenna issue

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Would fitting some sort of resistor or static suppression do anything to help do you think? 
Would a ferrite work? 

I doubt it as ferrite rings are all about protecting data line from EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference), which generally only occurs in a strong Electro magnetic field, and an example would be when you transmit using the radio. However, Garmin are very strong on EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) and the 2010 will be engineered to the highest EMC standards.

Can you narrow it down any more, just it just happen at random, or only when a specific set of circumstances occur ?

Has it occurred more frequently since you fitted the replacement antenna ?

Your new antenna is acting as a 'talker', therefore not totally 0183 compliant, and your sonar appears to be running off a paired port with the antenna. (Ports 3 and 4)

My preference would be the change the port that takes data from the antenna. Looking at the diagram, I assume you are not using 2 plotters, so it would appear that port 1 is free. If that is the case, then connect the antenna to the brown wire (port 1 RX) and see if that alleviates the issue.

28 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I doubt it as ferrite rings are all about protecting data line from EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference), which generally only occurs in a strong Electro magnetic field, and an example would be when you transmit using the radio. However, Garmin are very strong on EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) and the 2010 will be engineered to the highest EMC standards.

Can you narrow it down any more, just it just happen at random, or only when a specific set of circumstances occur ?

Has it occurred more frequently since you fitted the replacement antenna ?

Your new antenna is acting as a 'talker', therefore not totally 0183 compliant, and your sonar appears to be running off a paired port with the antenna. (Ports 3 and 4)

My preference would be the change the port that takes data from the antenna. Looking at the diagram, I assume you are not using 2 plotters, so it would appear that port 1 is free. If that is the case, then connect the antenna to the brown wire (port 1 RX) and see if that alleviates the issue.

Today I had a little run out and after about 30 minutes the problem occurred, it took several on/off sessions to get it to work again. Either function works fine without the other 

11 hours ago, JonC said:

Only the one plotter, 

it’s connected to the Sonar mode, vhf and raymarine smart pilot so not too much going on.

OK, looking at the diagram,  check the wiring coming out of the plotter and there should be a brown that is not connected.

Disconnect your new antenna from the white and connect it to the brown. Then check that the antenna is working, and also the auto pilot is OK.