Project 15ft Boat

suzook12

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Hi OC, glad to read that you are a campervan fan too. Selfbuild? I have done several now, and am in the  throws of doing another. Geoff. ☺️

Not a self build. It’s a Mazda Bongo that was converted when imported.  No underseal in Japan so the rust plenty over here. 

6 minutes ago, OrkneyCorkney said:

Not a self build. It’s a Mazda Bongo that was converted when imported.  No underseal in Japan so the rust plenty over here. 

Sounds like we need a camper van thread then. Care to do the honours?

• 1 year later...

Been having a rejig down the workshop, weather warming up nicely so need to get back on with this.

Once I've moved it, will get it under the lifting beam and lift the engine off and remove the steel capping.

Amazing what effect a couple of health issues can have on projects..... Anyway, ideally would love to have this done for back end of the summer although the reality is more likely ready next summer. We will see...

On 3/28/2021 at 7:28 AM, Andy135 said:

Sounds like we need a camper van thread then. Care to do the honours?

Im in. This has been a little project for the last couple of months and part of the reason my 15ft boat has been neglected. Van now finished and back onto tinkering with my 15.

CCCBF129-3FB5-4FDF-8107-6600442DF4D8.thumb.jpeg.56f394c1a09ebaf6ccc6815b07a1ba24.jpeg

Edited by JDP