Been Shopping

suzook12

46 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Isn't the 9.8 one of the rare and well-respected models that everyone chases? You did well to get it if so.

2 strokes are most sought after as so light for their size.

The leccy is a Minn Kota 40, not tried it yet, maybe get it on a charged battery tomorrow.....

The 3.5 turns over ok, so will hopefully run

The 9.8 turned over then went solid. I have a feeling that it has hydrauliced from laying on its side for some time. Have a better look tomorrow.

The TIG welder doesn't look quite so promising..... Time will tell

Shot of fuel and the 3.5 started 3rd pull with a puff of smoke. Again, it was laying on its side so not unduly worried. Next to run it up in the tank....

Dropped the plugs out of the 9,8 and it all turns over as it should, has spark and compression. Just left it draining oil while I get a fuel connector that fits it....

Minn Kota 40 works as it should, so all in all, happy days....

Just the TIG to look at some more

On 9/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, suzook12 said:

Shot of fuel and the 3.5 started 3rd pull with a puff of smoke. Again, it was laying on its side so not unduly worried. Next to run it up in the tank....

Dropped the plugs out of the 9,8 and it all turns over as it should, has spark and compression. Just left it draining oil while I get a fuel connector that fits it....

Minn Kota 40 works as it should, so all in all, happy days....

Just the TIG to look at some more

Bit of a result then 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Had a play today, the 9.8 runs but shes revving fairy hard from the off. Had carb off, checked heat isolator for cracks etc, manifold all looks intact and good fettle so thinking it may be sucking air through the head gasket. See if I can borrow the kit for a leak down test..... Sounds sweet tho, so bit of a shame