Not stinky, not shingle and not a pier...

Saintly Fish

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not to start with Scott, until he came to the surface first time. Then he went off like a train!! 

That's pretty common,  they almost don't realise what's going on for a couple of minutes then seem to wake up,  it can work in your favour if fishing a tight swim,  get them out of danger at the very beginning

spacer.pngspacer.png

This fish 5lb 11oz came at the head of the pontoon circled in yellow, I had no idea it was that size. The only way I landed that was to lean on it from the moment I set the hook and get down off the end of the slip where there was more room. Once it got there it proper woke up and did its best to get back under the pontoons

Edited by Scotch_Egg2012

2 hours ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

This fish 5lb 11oz came at the head of the pontoon circled in yellow, I had no idea it was that size. The only way I landed that was to lean on it from the moment I set the hook and get down off the end of the slip where there was more room. Once it got there it proper woke up and did its best to get back under the pontoons

Thats cabin boat yard is it not?

9 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

It's a very good spot but not easy to fish

We took the tender down that way this afternoon, going against the ebb. Not big tides, but the river was running hard. Id imagine you dont get much fishing time there. 

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

We took the tender down that way this afternoon, going against the ebb. Not big tides, but the river was running hard. Id imagine you dont get much fishing time there. 

Surprisingly you can get a good amount of time in there, it's the currents that hinder you along with the proximity of boats etc just makes it hard to get a bait exactly where you want it and to stay there long enough for a fish to go for it.  Lots of accurate casting required