Left handed multi's

41 minutes ago, JonC said:

When I used to beach fish I could happily cast reel up with the right hand controlling the spool or with the reel low with the left hand if I was after distance. I really can’t see what the big deal is .

It's a well known fact that the more intelligent a person is, the less practical they are with their hands

And as for beach casting, I can just as easily blow a reel up with either thumb hovering over the spool

• 1 month later...

Bought a pair of Okuma classics off eBay the other day - starters for the boat. Already have one (in pic with green line) other two turned up - one of them in photo below my old one. 

EBay one has got the thumb reel rest set for left thumb but reels from left - neither a left hander or a right hander!

Edit: Winder can’t be swapped over to other side 

F1475682-9216-4582-AF95-0B5028EF4CE6.jpeg

Edited by Captain Sensible

Yeah I see what you're saying. They've used a right handed casting for the left handed version (saving costs). Were you expecting to receive a leftie?

I don't think the thumb rest is really a problem. At least, I don't use them. I tend to rest my thumb on the spool or the lower cross bar of the reel.

When do you find the thumb rest useful?

They weren’t sold as either right or left - fella doesn’t know about them just selling and I bought them without thinking left or right. 

He will take them back and refund if I want. Or I have odd reels on the boat. 

I use fix spools for beach casting and have those set for left hand although I’m right handed. Have also bought a left handed Akios multi for beach casting. 

With boat rods I think they should be right hand wind, or handed to the owners dominant hand. Or, or, if you’re right handed you’d be pulling on the rod with your dominant hand, ooh-er matron, so I conclude it’s left hand wind for right handed people.  

35 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yep, me too. Rod in (dominant) right hand and wind with left. Anyone else is just a wrong 'un.

No, we have covered this in depth on  numerous occasions. 
You have awful hand eye coordination and struggle to hold the rod without  throwing it in the drink. 

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

No, we have covered this in depth on  numerous occasions. 
You have awful hand eye coordination and struggle to hold the rod with throwing it in the drink. 

I think you'll find it's your hand eye (typing) coordination that ain't up to much Jon.... guessing you were trying to say "without" throwing it in the drink. Which is a bit rich seeing as I have never dropped a rod off my boat.

#getyourfactsright

#eggonface

10 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I think you'll find it's your hand eye (typing) coordination that ain't up to much Jon.... guessing you were trying to say "without" throwing it in the drink. Which is a bit rich seeing as I have never dropped a rod off my boat.

#getyourfactsright

#eggonface

A simple typo , thanks for pointing it out before @Geofffound it. 

It was a good idea that you had painting arrows on the end plates of your reels so you know which way to wind them. 

im right handed and wind with my right on all reels - multis, fixed spools, beach and boat. 

i learned as a nipper with a RHW multi so thats what i do with my fixed spools too.

they always arrive LHW and i switch them over 

i don't know why multis its common to wind with the right, FS its more common to wind with the left? Makes no sense. 

Unless you are talking spinning - i find it annoying that i have to change hands after each cast to retreive (move my left hand above the reel after casting)- thats the only time a left hand wind would be useful to me.

49 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Maybe you missed the subtle pun 🙄😇

‘REEL flids ‘

Though, lefty multis still come under the retard heading 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We don't do subtle here Ian, it's a kick in the bollox or nothing! 

7 hours ago, mike farrants said:

im right handed and wind with my right on all reels - multis, fixed spools, beach and boat. 

i learned as a nipper with a RHW multi so thats what i do with my fixed spools too.

they always arrive LHW and i switch them over 

i don't know why multis its common to wind with the right, FS its more common to wind with the left? Makes no sense. 

Unless you are talking spinning - i find it annoying that i have to change hands after each cast to retreive (move my left hand above the reel after casting)- thats the only time a left hand wind would be useful to me.

Guess it's because we use the rods upside down which was probably to stop pulling the rings off. unlike in coarse fishing where the rod is right way up

5 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

is it hard to get left handed reals as i will need one for Lynn , at the moment she struggles with a right hand one

Not hard at all Pete. If it's for Lynn and only light use, take a look at these on eBay   272064206123

Don't be put off by the brand, for what Lynn will need they will be perfect and will not break the bank!!