What's on your fishing bucket list?

Andy135

15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I would love to catch a Great white but then I don't go shark fishing so that will never happen.

What intrigues me is how do you catch and keep grey seals for live baiting :classic_ninja:

Tranquilliser gun springs to mind.

15 minutes ago, iowspence said:

As @headlightmentions @Saintly Fishthe conditions in the uk are absolutely perfect for Great Whites. 

There are 3 species of shark which can regulate their temperatures...

They are:

Thresher Shark 

Porbeagle Shark 

Great White Shark

interesting eh... 🤔🤔🤔

Wonder why we don’t see them then?

18 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

There was a great white spotted in Cornwall recently apparently

https://images.app.goo.gl/iVEFcVwdnPD9apUV7

It ate 3 girl surfers

I’ve found some girl surfers to be quite tasty.... so I don’t blame the shark for wanting a nibble 🤔🙄

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, JonC said:

I have always wanted to fish the wreck of the Camberwell on the south coast. A childhood dream, I even wrote to jimmy saville

You never know your luck Jon. One day, it’s not too far fetched is it? If you didn’t dislike my cushions I’d offer to take you. Never mind. 

On 10/28/2020 at 6:20 PM, iowspence said:

As @headlightmentions @Saintly Fishthe conditions in the uk are absolutely perfect for Great Whites. 

There are 3 species of shark which can regulate their temperatures...

They are:

Thresher Shark 

Porbeagle Shark 

Great White Shark

interesting eh... 🤔🤔🤔

Hmm ......... your list is not complete Spence .................

The short finned Mako Shark, (better known as the Mako skark, is closely related to the porbeagle and can lift its body temperature to higher than the water it is swimming in.

I have caught Mako's (NOT in thUK) and they are nasty unpredictable barstewards (a bit like a few on here 🤣🤣🤣) .............. so I reckon they are related to Congers !!!!!!

Edited by GPSguru

22 minutes ago, iowspence said:

No @GPSguru I need a Mako for the list. Would love to get one from the uk... funnily enough on the list recently compiled by David Turner of 72 uk captures, one is listed as from the Isle of Wight, so uoh just never know what may turn up... you’ve got a 5 mile deep hole where you can’t really fish and god only knows what lives in there!! 😳

Your not going to get a mako anchored in a car park are you @iowspence?

29 minutes ago, iowspence said:

Funnily enough on the list recently compiled by David Turner

I knew David and it was a sad loss, in more recent times the skipper of the Madeline May out of Falmouth ............ David passed from prostate cancer in 2018 ..........

His website for the Madeline May still lives on ..................http://www.cornishsharkfishing.co.uk/about-us/

Edited by GPSguru

55 minutes ago, iowspence said:

I wasn’t too bad @Saintly Fish I only had 2 other boats near me, not like the other 35 boats on culver spit!! 😳😂😂😂

So... any chance of a catch report Spence? At least you had something nice and shiny to show off today 😉👍

3 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Was always Norway for the big Coalies, Cod etc

But now I have the chance, I don't fancy the travelling, or the fact your stuck in a log cabin for 4/5 nights with not a lot around you

I very much doubt there's a bookies or a wetherspoons

Norway’s fantastic, you’ll be too knackered for a pub after fishing. Just buy duty free spirits enough to last the time . Alcohol far too expensive there, about £15 for a 4 pack of lager. 
99008EA2-F0C1-446B-BC2A-93AA1B35F5F7.thumb.jpeg.5fdafd7f896ce3b7cbd7b0e8f05d5fb4.jpeg

2C219B5D-2FC3-4EF0-80A0-44809B8496BF.thumb.jpeg.442e24095a552fd6e6c361224c25b529.jpeg

13 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Bit of a pisstake regarding a bookies and wetherspoons, but do like a wander of an evening

What is the total travel time cos I'm starting to get swayed again

It’s an hour and twenty flight to Oslo , then a wait of around two hours for a connecting flight to (wherever you go). I think we flew to Tromso. From there it was a 4 hour drive to Skjervoy. 
the travel would be quicker if there was a bridge over the fjords , instead of having to drive all the way round. 

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You’d better book now then!! 
It’ll be full already no doubt seeing as this year was a wash out. 

Yeah. Think you're right there

My mates booked last year for next year and only got in via a cancellation. They've also booked for 2022, so if I want to go ill have to nobble one of them nearer the time