Tuna in Watergate Bay, Cornwall

Andy135

8 hours ago, JDP said:

That is a beast of a tuna, nice young lady on the boards too.

No surf though.....

Us welsh surfers would laugh at such antics, we’d never go out in that! Mainly because spend most of our days in lockdown 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Ive spent many occasions at Haverford West surfing in the past, there used to be a great campsite next to the beach and also next to the pub. Is it still there ? Not had any lockdowns yet in my area, think we have just a handful of cases in our state now, hope you get ontop of it soon.

• Thanks 1

There is still a campsite in Newgale next to the beach but it was rammed in the summer.

sadly my secret spots old are far more busy these days. My extra secret spots are quiet, mainly because they are somewhat dangerous to surf.... only nutter like me would walk 1.5 hours to surf a wave that breaks in 1.5ft of water 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I thought the same thing, just didn’t want to ruin Andys moment. 

Ha! Not my moment. I took it from that Cornwall Live article. 👍

4 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's photo shopped, or have I missed something ?

No mate,  the whole thing looks fake to me 🙂

Why are the surfers out in a totally flat sea,  They look photo-shopped in as for the fish................

I maybe wrong but my first impression says something not right with that picture

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

No mate,  the whole thing looks fake to me 🙂

Why are the surfers out in a totally flat sea,  They look photo-shopped in as for the fish................

I maybe wrong but my first impression says something not right with that picture

I don’t doubt the fish are there but the image of the surfer stinks. It’s too sharp at the bottom, and none of the board is visible. No way that they ever landed on the moon on surfboards. 

2 minutes ago, iowspence said:

Has anyone actually read the article. A group of lady surfers all being taught how to surf, on a longboard, hence why it’s flat calm. We’re lots of girls there and lots of quotes. Someone on the beach too taking shots of them when the fish breached behind them... love the Pessimistic views!!! 🙄  

I don’t really read the story just look at the pictures. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iowspence said:

Are you saying the Loch Ness Monster isn’t real...?? 😳🤔

If you run a tourist business on the bank of the loch it’s very real. 

5 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Agree totally the Tuna are there I'm not disputing that, just this image doesn't look right to me. There is something about it that's not fitting my eye

I get that. In the first image the light on the tuna looks too bright compared to the background. But Spence's pic is more cohesive as an image. I think it's legit.

• Like 1

Guys, Tuna are being seen 50 yards off lands end.... numbers are increasing massively 

it’s real just we’re not allowed to fish for them 

No doubt there are plenty of tuna around, but something doesn't seem right with the pic or the story

The photographer claimed in one report that the fish was 50-75 yrds away and in another, the length of a football field 

I would think someone in her profession would be able to judge distances a little better

Plenty of publicity for the surf school and the photographer though, so all good

2 hours ago, headlight said:

That Tuna was on the end of my line, it had run from from the Celtic Deeps to Watergate Bay on it"s first run !

Cmon now Ian, put your jacket back on (the white one that does up at the back) and take your meds

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

No doubt there are plenty of tuna around, but something doesn't seem right with the pic or the story

The photographer claimed in one report that the fish was 50-75 yrds away and in another, the length of a football field 

I would think someone in her profession would be able to judge distances a little better

Plenty of publicity for the surf school and the photographer though, so all good

Yes publicity is good, the pictures stink but I’m sure they are there. The odds of happening to be taking a picture when it breached like that are fairly slim also.