ebay

yes yes i know but if i don't make a point of it anyone can take away what you win because the seller dose not like the price so if that was the case would you bother biding for any item. i don't wont the boat how wold i get it here where would i put it it is just the principal of it.it makes action a farce i have sold things by auction and not to happy about the price but i still sent the items

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Agreed, but is it worth the hassle of trying to rob someone of their boat

The seller obviously isn't ebay savvy and in my opinion, to try and get it for that sort of money is a bit shitty 

Put yourselves in the sellers shoes

He's not trying to "rob" someone of their boat, he won it fairly and squarely!

The seller isn't ebay savvy? Hmmmmm as the seller is a business seller with around 1500 positive feedback I somehow doubt that.....

Heres how it works at a normal auction:

Winning bidder is asked to pay, if it transpires the winning bidder was a bid runner and does one, the 2nd highest bidder gets the option. If you're not happy about the amount of bids against the runner, the item will go through again. No matter what it sells for, it sells as long as it's above the sellers reserve.

With ebay, the seller enters into an agreement with ebay as does the seller. This seller is in clear breach of those terms and conditions, and unless people do something about it, the practice will continue....... It's not as if we're talking about a mass produced item that can easily be bought somewhere else for similar price.

It's the sellers fault. If they hadn't mentioned they were looking for £10k more people would have undoubtedly bid on it, probably expecting the item to be pulled 24 hours before end time (as IS allowed).

I'm going to contact the guy with some cock n bull story and see what he comes up with.......

Hi mate, I had your boat on my watch list with the view of putting a late offer in, needless to say, I got called away for a few days and missed it. You must be gutted, £100!!!! To be honest, so am I gutted, I was thinking £3-4k maybe.....
Where do ya go from there?

Best of luck
Cheers
Steve

Lets see if he hangs himself

Hi,

I’ve cancelled the sale as obviously I wasn’t going to sell it for £104 - I was out on it with no signal when it ended so couldn’t cancel it prior to it ending.

I wouldn’t let it go for less that 10k sorry mate. I’ve spent more than 4K on the electronics this year alone. I’ve got someone interested off my fb advert that’s viewing it next week but open to sensible offers over 10k.

Mathew

22 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

He's not trying to "rob" someone of their boat, he won it fairly and squarely!

The seller isn't ebay savvy? Hmmmmm as the seller is a business seller with around 1500 positive feedback I somehow doubt that.....

Heres how it works at a normal auction:

Winning bidder is asked to pay, if it transpires the winning bidder was a bid runner and does one, the 2nd highest bidder gets the option. If you're not happy about the amount of bids against the runner, the item will go through again. No matter what it sells for, it sells as long as it's above the sellers reserve.

With ebay, the seller enters into an agreement with ebay as does the seller. This seller is in clear breach of those terms and conditions, and unless people do something about it, the practice will continue....... It's not as if we're talking about a mass produced item that can easily be bought somewhere else for similar price.

It's the sellers fault. If they hadn't mentioned they were looking for £10k more people would have undoubtedly bid on it, probably expecting the item to be pulled 24 hours before end time (as IS allowed).

I'm going to contact the guy with some cock n bull story and see what he comes up with.......

There's grabbing a bargain and pulling someone's pants down

I do a bit with auctions and am familiar with how bids etc work

👍

4 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

There's grabbing a bargain and pulling someone's pants down

I do a bit with auctions and am familiar with how bids etc work

👍

Who's getting their pants pulled down? The guy dropped his own pants and lubed his hole up ready.

Wow! This thread has taken off today 🤣

I think Pete has the measure of what's going on; to argue the principle but not rob the guy.

Clearly the seller is a bit of a divvy to put a high value item up with no reserve and be out of signal when the auction was due to end, but does that mean he should have his boat robbed out from under him? No, I don't think so.