club boat trip

4 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

its giving 1.5-2m swell for sunday morning in poole bay .......

And BBC's forecast has got worse instead of improving. Wind speed has increased by a couple of mph since yesterday.

GeOTHIL.jpg

15 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

dose this mean i have to unpack my bag again

Looking at that forecast I would be cancelling myself… I don’t know the area but looking at the map im struggling to see where you can get shelter….

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Your such a doom munger. And we all know bbc weather app is shit! 

Not doom-mongering, just stating the facts. I can't help that the weather forecast looks crap. Besides, XC agrees with BBC Weather.

8lRWeiu.jpg

Looking past Sunday the wind speeds are still in the 20's rising to 40's by Wednesday, so there doesn't seem much of a chance that the high winds will blow through in time for Sunday.

36 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

well if we do cancel that's the b & b deposit lost they don't give refunds so i am hopping for a change in the weather

If the trip is cancelled Pete I'd hope we can look to re-book, and we may be able to roll the deposits over.

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Not doom-mongering, just stating the facts. I can't help that the weather forecast looks crap. Besides, XC agrees with BBC Weather.

8lRWeiu.jpg

Looking past Sunday the wind speeds are still in the 20's rising to 40's by Wednesday, so there doesn't seem much of a chance that the high winds will blow through in time for Sunday.

We must be looking at different XC apps then.

I’ve found windy.com best. That gives the wind forecast as a map and you get the forecast out at sea as well…

There is a lot of low pressure around, it only needs to head a bit more north and it’d make a real difference 

20 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’ve found windy.com best. That gives the wind forecast as a map and you get the forecast out at sea as well…

There is a lot of low pressure around, it only needs to head a bit more north and it’d make a real difference 

Sunday doesn't look too clever on Windy either... 😬

41 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You should look at the couple of days after Sunday as they are more likely to be what turns up. 

Yeah, but Windy doesn't show that far out yet, so that leaves us with the BBC and XC forecasts for 20's and 30's out to Tuesday.

#dontshootthemessenger

Windy is 24knts gusting 32knts at 9am on Sunday….

TBH I’m more interested in Friday forecast to get up the channel…. Looks like it’s on, going to be hell but it’s doable 🤣🤣🤣🤣