Operation Cod

Odyssey

Planning has started for operation cod….

Going to try and run home on Friday afternoon….

@headlight thinks I’m mad but it’ll be wind and tide behind me. No underlying ground swell so hopefully not too bad…. Just to decide do I go in straight line across caermaethen bay or head towards the worm and hug the Gower coast line towards Porthcawl…. 

40DCF97C-1F36-45A6-B623-F05962B162F2.thumb.png.aafbc3150ddf2520ed2086d6d8a4e5d6.png

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Planning has started for operation cod….

Going to try and run home on Friday afternoon….

@headlight thinks I’m mad but it’ll be wind and tide behind me. No underlying ground swell so hopefully not too bad…. Just to decide do I go in straight line across caermaethen bay or head towards the worm and hug the Gower coast line towards Porthcawl…. 

40DCF97C-1F36-45A6-B623-F05962B162F2.thumb.png.aafbc3150ddf2520ed2086d6d8a4e5d6.png

The max wave height is going to be 2m based on those numbers, which is generally every 3rd or 5th wave.

If it stays at 10secs then the trip might be Ok, but any less than 10secs and you will be down to displacement or just on the plane.

Touch and go really, personally I would give it a miss due to the distance involved.

I’ll keep an eye on the forecast, just no likely looking weather windows anytime soon.

I’m used to running as displacement speed but that will take about 6 hours+ which is a long time to be bored as hell 🤣🤣🤣

It’s 60:40 for at the moment… 

Im tempted to take day off to have a crack but not sure will keep looking….

Charter mate says it’ll be fine and I should make the most of it…. But that may have to do with my offer of cod trips 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Odyssey

Day off booked, 07:15 train from Newport and I’ll give it a go…. Hopefully I won’t be on train home….

Previous owner said it should be fine as I’m only 8 miles offshore in Caermarthen bay, rest of time jusr hug coast, take it slow an open up when I’m past the Ranny to spill @jonnyswamptea with my wake….

Main reason for trying is that there ia some VIP visitor in work, it’s a mandatory meeting if you’re not on holiday… 

7 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Day off booked, 07:15 train from Newport and I’ll give it a go…. Hopefully I won’t be on train home….

Previous owner said it should be fine as I’m only 8 miles offshore in Caermarthen bay, rest of time jusr hug coast, take it slow an open up when I’m past the Ranny to spill @jonnyswamptea with my wake….

Main reason for trying is that there ia some VIP visitor in work, it’s a mandatory meeting if you’re not on holiday… 

What time do you plan on getting to Cardiff, I'll make sure I've drunk my tea

43 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

What time do you plan on getting to Cardiff, I'll make sure I've drunk my tea

Well plan to leave Milford 13:30. Best time I’ve done was 3.5 hours… but I reckon about 5-6 hours tomorrow as it’ll be a 15knt slog and it’s about 90-100 miles so same distance as a shark trip. 

6 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Well plan to leave Milford 13:30. Best time I’ve done was 3.5 hours… but I reckon about 5-6 hours tomorrow as it’ll be a 15knt slog and it’s about 90-100 miles so same distance as a shark trip. 

Good luck, you'll have the tide up your arse at least 👍

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Good luck on the cod 🙂 

Looks lush on the coral this eve, hopefully you’ll bag a few fillets 

Popped down Penarth for chips, some nice cod on the boats in the locks 🙂