Interesting times….

Odyssey

I’m hoping we may hear some more news soon…. My sources tell me there is a lot of campaigning going on in the background.

Itll either go into a recreational fishery with the correct gear and a license system or they’ll step up the enforcement to another level with loads of boardings, patrols etc 

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

or they’ll step up the enforcement to another level with loads of boardings, patrols etc 

I really don't think they will have enough resources in the english channel with the frogs kicking off, which isn't going the be resolved any time soon. 

Most of the summer when I was fishing the  12 mile wrecks, the fisheries boats (all 2 of them) were just patrolling the 12 mile line

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’m hoping we may hear some more news soon…. My sources tell me there is a lot of campaigning going on in the background.

Itll either go into a recreational fishery with the correct gear and a license system or they’ll step up the enforcement to another level with loads of boardings, patrols etc 

have they got anouf man power to do that

27 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I really don't think they will have enough resources in the english channel with the frogs kicking off, which isn't going the be resolved any time soon. 

Most of the summer when I was fishing the  12 mile wrecks, the fisheries boats (all 2 of them) were just patrolling the 12 mile line

That is my suspicion too…. I was chatting to a boffin yesterday and it’s hard to state that you are catagorically targeting them unless you’re trolling. 

Apparently the trolling was put into practice as this would reduce the chances for Dolphins to take the bait…. 

Hopefully a sensible approach is taken to the whole thing…