Weekend

Odyssey

13 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

So lots of reports coming in over the weekend then given the forecast? 

Whose out? 🙂 

Nope, social events have me land locked all weekend. But hoping for a Monday raid. My mate caught a 13lb unicorn in the Solent today!! 

I’m out Saturday, practice run for the cod comp. it’d been nearly 2 years since I’ve done a cod trip… will need to remember how to uptide again 🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’m out Saturday, practice run for the cod comp. it’d been nearly 2 years since I’ve done a cod trip… will need to remember how to uptide again 🤣🤣

Sod's Law dictates that you'll bag up on doubles in the practice session but blank in the comp. 🤣

12 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm out Sunday

Thinking of a run up to Portishead way, but most of the bigger fish have been picked up close to Cardiff 

I’ve heard it’s quiet up top, so will stay local. Nice tides though abs I’m tempted with E/W

29 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Sod's Law dictates that you'll bag up on doubles in the practice session but blank in the comp. 🤣

No, the boat next to me will, I’ll clear the dogfish out 🤣🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Oh, and hello to Odyssey's stalker on Virgin Media from Cardiff who's been sneakily peeking at him across the site... 👎

Dog Gif GIF

Wow! I’ve got a fan! 😮 I’ll start a new thread now 🙂 

i would have been out this weekend -but my usual crew has tested positive - after we were out squidding on sunday luckily - he was negative on monday and only tested positive yesterday - i was all clear yesterday, but will do another test in a few days. 

so unless i pop out for some inshore drifting - it'll be the mighty chesil for me this weekend!

15 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

i would have been out this weekend -but my usual crew has tested positive - after we were out squidding on sunday luckily - he was negative on monday and only tested positive yesterday - i was all clear yesterday, but will do another test in a few days. 

so unless i pop out for some inshore drifting - it'll be the mighty chesil for me this weekend!

There will be a big swell onto the shingle after todays winds, I'd imagine. Go careful. 

3 hours ago, mike farrants said:

yeah no worries - thanks - but its offshore wind from tomorrow and i plan to go sunday - so should be nicely stirred up but a bit calmer!

May do well for a few coddies 🙂 

Hope you find a unicorn to put a bit more pressure on some of these south coast members 😉