Importing from the EU

46 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes that's a possibility I suppose. But knowing my luck I'd be the one stopped mid channel. 

I’ll bring it over, it’s not far 🙂 can stop on the wrecks on the way home 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Gordmac said:

Something I remember from the YBW discussions, I don't do remember well though! 

Interesting boat, Rodman like but without the Rodman price. Is 260hp enough for a boat that size?

It came in in 2017 iirc

Right Fishy, the answer to your question........

The Recreational Craft Regulations 2004 were revoked on 3 August 2017 but continue to apply to relevant products placed on the market or put into service prior to this date.

Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/recreational-craft-regulations-2017

So what that means for you is, as long as the boat conformed to the EU directive of 2004, then it's good to go, or, good to come.... What you do need to ensure is that it is CE plated and has the conformity certificates with it. You are then covered.

Hope that helps clarify the issue for you

Edited by suzook12

21 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Right Fishy, the answer to your question........

The Recreational Craft Regulations 2004 were revoked on 3 August 2017 but continue to apply to relevant products placed on the market or put into service prior to this date.

Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/recreational-craft-regulations-2017

So what that means for you is, as long as the boat conformed to the EU directive of 2004, then it's good to go, or, good to come.... What you do need to ensure is that it is CE plated and has the conformity certificates with it. You are then covered.

Hope that helps clarify the issue for you

Thanks so much for that Steve, this is the most important sentence I believe...

Existing CE marked stock
The UK will allow CE marked products that have been either self-declared as compliant (where permissible) or where compliance must and has been demonstrated through assessment by an EU-recognised conformity assessment body (notified body) to be placed on the GB market until 31 December 2022.

34 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks so much for that Steve, this is the most important sentence I believe...

Existing CE marked stock
The UK will allow CE marked products that have been either self-declared as compliant (where permissible) or where compliance must and has been demonstrated through assessment by an EU-recognised conformity assessment body (notified body) to be placed on the GB market until 31 December 2022.

Yep, that also covers it. Do make sure the boat is plated and compliance certificate is supplied, that way you can prove your case if necessary. Get a copy of the relevant sections of law you are relying on as well..... That way, all bases are covered

2 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Yep, that also covers it. Do make sure the boat is plated and compliance certificate is supplied, that way you can prove your case if necessary. Get a copy of the relevant sections of law you are relying on as well..... That way, all bases are covered

There is a long way to go before we hit that hurdle, but at least this keeps my interest. Now the question @Gordmac posed is eating away at my brain. 

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Boat will need to be CE marked for EU, however CE mark doesn’t exist in U.K. any more…. It’s UKCA mark. 

Engine does sound too small…. 

If it was new yes, at the time of manufacture it would have required a CE mark to be sold on the UK market and the compliance at that time was RCD 1, which is still valid or that year of boat....

6 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Guess you'll just have to pop over there for a sea trial Neil

Yes, first gotta sell the current boat though before shopping can be done! 
Im in two minds though. Need a bigger boat but don't want to sell TT, she the only boat I've ever kept for so long. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, first gotta sell the current boat though before shopping can be done! 
Im in two minds though. Need a bigger boat but don't want to sell TT, she the only boat I've ever kept for so long. 

@headlight is looking for a new boat….

20 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

There is a long way to go before we hit that hurdle, but at least this keeps my interest. Now the question @Gordmac posed is eating away at my brain. 

Sorry about that!

No great expert but outdrives seem to be used on relatively quick planing boats whereas shafts are on slower or semi displacement boats with lower power outputs. If you are looking at say about20kn cruise tops is an outdrive the best option? Outdrives are more efficient however so should give a bit more speed for a given power. What sort of power does a similar sized say Rodman have? Other thing to consider, is it a low deadrise boat? That would give more speed for a given power at the expense of slamming in a sea.

2 hours ago, headlight said:

@headlightis looking for a new boat."

Yes I am, 23-25ft, 20-22kt cruise.

Out and out fishing boat.

Budget £30-£35k, maybe £40k at a push.

Does Saintly Fish's boat match my criteria ?

Not sure if it’s a fishing boat but it’s got nice curtains