What is the best flavour pot noodle?

JonC

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Now come on Andy, we ALL know it was not the pot noodles that made you thirsty...🚭

Pfft -it was the salt and monosodium glutamate (MSG) I reckon. See here - some of the flavours contain it: https://www.behealthynow.co.uk/nutrition/are-pot-noodles-good-or-bad-for-you/

Interestingly, the article doesn't recommend pot noodles as a healthy food...

#justsaying

Ok so tonight I was reorganising the pot noodle cupboard. I found sone of the pretentious poncy ones in there. 
looking at the nutritional values there’s really not a lot in it, but they pretend to be a lot healthier to appeal to people that think they are above pot noodles. 4143DCC2-1A6B-42B9-ABED-64EE840187AB.thumb.jpeg.ea1ea7059ecb1f6b58e957eed6eeaaff.jpeg4ED3486D-809E-46E3-A759-B65A0295746D.thumb.jpeg.29144a72f9c66bd104884829df3af6de.jpegGet stuck in! 

a lot less fat in the naked one - but it looks like you've compared a pot noodle to a pot rice - and we shouldn't do the old girl an injustice - lets compare noodles with noodles

would be good to see the hoisin duck vs chicken and mushroom....

its like a game of top trumps

3 hours ago, JDP said:

Always good to sea those who enjoy the great outdoors doing their bit to reduce one use plastic. 

I believe that JC actually eats the plastic pot and I suspect that is probably the tastiest part of the whole meal. Geoff.

8 hours ago, JDP said:

Always good to sea those who enjoy the great outdoors doing their bit to reduce one use plastic. 

Jon my plastic usage is nothing compared to your carbon footprint. You drive a stinky old diesel 1000000 miles to go fishing then burn 200000 litres of petrol on your Smokey old boat🖕

Haha, just stirring the pot to make sure the thread keeps up to speed!!!!

3 hours ago, JonC said:

Jon my plastic usage is nothing compared to your carbon footprint. You drive a stinky old diesel 1000000 miles to go fishing then burn 200000 litres of petrol on your Smokey old boat🖕

Been quite some time since Ive been able to do any trips away, haven't used my own boat for 5 weeks now, so the smokey Honda hasn't had a run since its last service. Even the 4x4 has only clocked 7000k for this year and the dpf filter has its way with the pollution. While on the subject, what engine is in the Arvor plodder ? is it one of the solar electric motors ? if so did you get enough sun over summer for a trip out ? Don't think I saw that report🖕

Maybe people could post a few pic's of all those old pot noodle pots with all their lures and sinkers in, sounds so good Im going to try and buy empty ones and start making bra's out of them as a sideline.

Edited by JDP

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, JDP said:

It could well be a problem. It’s a well known thing that the gulf wars and the occupation of Afghan was all about oil. And heroine for the latter. 
The main stream media have not yet revealed the real reason of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which could well be something to do with pot noodles. 

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

It could well be a problem. It’s a well known thing that the gulf wars and the occupation of Afghan was all about oil. And heroine for the latter. 
The main stream media have not yet revealed the real reason of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which could well be something to do with pot noodles. 

If it's a noodle crises you'd think they would invade China. Surely they hold the wealth of the noodle production?

24 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

If it's a noodle crises you'd think they would invade China. Surely they hold the wealth of the noodle production?

Judging by how they've gone for the ports first, I think it must be about the import duties and difficulties importing their favourite dish ingredients for dogfish pie

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I doubt it... here's what I'm eating tonight.

KWuj4Za.jpeg😇

That looks half decent, be better with a bit more pepperoni 😄

As for my pot noodle, it was utter shite

Instead of sweet chilli, I put a spoon of marmite in it and ruined it

The corned beef was nice though 🙄

42 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

That looks half decent, be better with a bit more pepperoni 😄

As for my pot noodle, it was utter shite

Instead of sweet chilli, I put a spoon of marmite in it and ruined it

The corned beef was nice though 🙄

Yeah, can't have too much pepperoni, but I had to share it with my son tonight, which is why mine looked a bit thin on the ground 🤣

Haven't had corned beef for years. Used to love a corned beef sandwich 😋

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Yeah, can't have too much pepperoni, but I had to share it with my son tonight, which is why mine looked a bit thin on the ground 🤣

Haven't had corned beef for years. Used to love a corned beef sandwich 😋

Corned beef hash, that's the way forward!

Joyce often makes Cornish pasties (yes in Lincolnshire) which are very nice, but a few weeks ago when I saw her cutting up bits of beef I suggested that it might be worth trying corned beef as it would be much easier. Since then all our pasties have been made with CB, Taste great and are easier (lazy me) to eat. Pasties make great boat/picnic food, can eaten cold or warmed up and leave pot noodles on the shelf (or better yet, in the bin). 😉 Geoff.