Formula Farce.....

mike farrants

38 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

That's why they call it "radio" communication! 

Stop wriggling Neil, you will only set the hook deeper!The phrase Radio broadcast came from yourself. Anyway, the situation is what it is and we can all have our own opinion about things. One of the points that I wanted to make is that IMHO F1 is over regulated. Just an example is that if two cars are involved in an accident where one driver is completely not at fault, but has to have a replacement engine or gearbox, that would (and does) mean a penalty for the innocent driver. Geoff.

A couple of pics of our triumph GT6 for Andy. Joyce has pointed out to me that the Nurberg ring Dan Gurney incident occurred in 1967, so that year we would have been in our Morris 1800, but our camping setup did not alter. We did not buy our GT6 until 1969 which was when I drove around the circuit after the race. When i said the circuit was kept open post race and that spectators could drive round the circuit, it was not a free for all, but the driver was required to have a member of the circuit staff as a passenger. In Those days the German GP alternated between the ring and Hockenheim and we went to each track a couple of times. 476349803_DANGURNEYNURBERGRING1967CROPPED.thumb.jpg.03be5a856b2b376ac06631636e81f742.jpgThe pics are not the best, but were typical Brownie snap shots which were the norm back then - no zillion pixel mobile phone/devices in those days. Geoff.

The first pic shows DG who was the other side of the fence to us and I had called to Joyce to get her facing me for the pics. Sorry she is not smiling, but she was not expecting to be photographed. Geoff.

GT6, NEAR FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

GT6, WELCHANTAL, FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

GT6, FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

A couple of pics of our triumph GT6 for Andy. Joyce has pointed out to me that the Nurberg ring Dan Gurney incident occurred in 1967, so that year we would have been in our Morris 1800, but our camping setup did not alter. We did not buy our GT6 until 1969 which was when I drove around the circuit after the race. When i said the circuit was kept open post race and that spectators could drive round the circuit, it was not a free for all, but the driver was required to have a member of the circuit staff as a passenger. In Those days the German GP alternated between the ring and Hockenheim and we went to each track a couple of times. 476349803_DANGURNEYNURBERGRING1967CROPPED.thumb.jpg.03be5a856b2b376ac06631636e81f742.jpgThe pics are not the best, but were typical Brownie snap shots which were the norm back then - no zillion pixel mobile phone/devices in those days. Geoff.

The first pic shows DG who was the other side of the fence to us and I had called to Joyce to get her facing me for the pics. Sorry she is not smiling, but she was not expecting to be photographed. Geoff.

GT6, NEAR FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

GT6, WELCHANTAL, FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

GT6, FREIBURG, GERMANY CROPPED.jpg

Fantastic photos Geoff, and what a lovely car! Looks very classy in that shade of white. Like the Old English white of the MG's but slightly more cream in it. Very nice.

The GT6 is pretty rare these days. A shame that more of them haven't survived. Thanks for digging out the photos and posting them 👍👍