Weds 15th and Thurs 16th - Morning Sessions

GPSguru

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

The broken mount is being replaced with the heavy duty mount, which is now on its way to me from Garmin.

E0C002B1-BAE2-411E-AA1E-D00FD86F1F06.jpeg.d56fb59a0b74e1c322cfafa54c516be5.jpeg

Although that seems like a good solution isn’t it better for the bracket to give way rather than the transducer? The next thing that will break is the mounting hole area on the top of the transducer. 

48 minutes ago, JonC said:

Although that seems like a good solution isn’t it better for the bracket to give way rather than the transducer? The next thing that will brake is the mounting hole area on the top of the transducer. 

The new mount is designed to bend if you clout the transducer. I already have the same HD mount  on the panoptix transducer that is on the port side.

Interestingly, the plastic mount for the GT series of transducers is no longer available.

47 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The new mount is designed to bend if you clout the transducer. I already have the same HD mount  on the panoptix transducer that is on the port side.

Interestingly, the plastic mount for the GT series of transducers is no longer available.

Perhaps they read my comment and sorted their act out. 
I hope your one is posted quicker than my order, it’s been the longest 5 weeks of my life, I’ve been camped out on the drive in case the courier does a hit and run with an I missed you card.