Recommend an uptide rod.

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

That little fucker was holding on for dear life, it didn’t just give up. You wouldn’t have had a chance catching it down the tide. 

I seem to remember he went one better than your glove a couple of seasons ago when he caught a scarf downtiding...

He swore blind it was a cod on the way up 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

That little fucker was holding on for dear life, it didn’t just give up. You wouldn’t have had a chance catching it down the tide. 

Well duh, why do you think I want to learn to uptide correctly?? 
So I can follow in the footsteps of giants!!

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

I seem to remember he went one better than your glove a couple of seasons ago when he caught a scarf downtiding...

You can't prove that!!!  😬

4 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

So those numbers are for setting the end float on the spool. Allow a little bit of sideways play on the spool and she will run fine

Yeah, not sure what you mean by that Scott. You'll have to type it a bit more simply. End float? 

28 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

How on earth do you make a scarf better than a glove? A Scarf can’t even get hold of anything to put up resistance. 

25 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Haha,  put the reel in free spool as if casting.  Hold the spool in thumb and forefinger and move the spool sideways.  There should be a very small amount of side to side play, if there is none the reel can be snatchy and cause birds-nests when casting

Thanks Scott. I will look at this too/2

24 minutes ago, JonC said:

Private conversation- inadmissible as evidence and a blatant betrayal of confidence 

We all know the 👨🏼‍🦰👽🧠geek has the ability to mock up any WhatsApp convo on his geektop. 
Anyway, even if it was a cod, it pretty damned obvious that the fucker slipped the scarf feet from the net!!