Hunting Boxing day rays (fish and sun)

mike farrants

Yep, gotta hand it to you - very well done. Envious of your ability to get out fishing over the Xmas period too (I'm stuck with the in-laws in Cornwall and there was no room in the car for any fishing gear 😭).

Nice catches and photos. The mince pie pic was my favourite  - hmmm, mince pies 😍

cracking day out by the sound of it and some great photos too 🙂 

That's a nice fish, the Thornie you caught and your mate's Mackerel looks a specimen (I think it's 1lb 14oz for the south coast).

Great to see a nice end to your fishing year and hope you have a better one in 2022 👍

On 12/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, Andy135 said:

there was no room in the car for any fishing gear ......

what about on top? Come on Andy, you telling me you couldn't strap a rod on the roof? or secrete a reel in the glovebox..... I reckon you saw the weather forecast for the coming week and decided festivities outweighed going out and getting battered by the elements by a long chalk.... what sort of fisherman are you 🤣

12 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

what about on top? Come on Andy, you telling me you couldn't strap a rod on the roof? or secrete a reel in the glovebox..... I reckon you saw the weather forecast for the coming week and decided festivities outweighed going out and getting battered by the elements by a long chalk.... what sort of fisherman are you 🤣

Who can blame him. Geoff.☺️

22 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

Fair call. I could probably have strapped a rod on the rack alongside the roof box. But definitely no room for a stinky tackle box in the car though. Manky old bait smells on a 4 hour journey to the south-west would have the family puking 🤮🤣.

14 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Fair call. I could probably have strapped a rod on the rack alongside the roof box. But definitely no room for a stinky tackle box in the car though. Manky old bait smells on a 4 hour journey to the south-west would have the family puking 🤮🤣.

family puking... I've suffered my fair share over the years... I'll let you off 🤣