2022 Boat meat/meet

JonC

Ok so it was touched on last year and I can’t remember or be arsed to look at where we are with it. As most of you know behind the scenes we (SLT) have been working our little ginger nuts off organising stuff, but we need a bit of input from you lot. Think of it as a chance to meet your heroes once more. 
I think Poole bay was mentioned, mainly for the reason of the strongest user base in the area.

Who’s likely to want to come? I know it’s too early to commit rigid for a lot of us but if you’re interested can we have some input.

Jon

17 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Good that as part of the SLT you are trying to do good for a change though!! 👍🏻 
Keep up the good work, we know it must be tough for you! 

This is exactly the reason that @Andy135’s birthday cake went wrong, first I started organising it then you wanted to do the base then someone else piped (see what I’ve done here) in then I ate it and he didn’t get a cake. No wonder I don’t bother. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 6:25 PM, Saintly Fish said:

Oh yeah, and @Maverick said he'd organise everything because he loves herding fishermen! 

UnSaintly you know very well I said the exact opposite but I don't mind helping with advice and providing a few marks assuming I'm not away fishing with our club that is..

The only Marina worth thinking about is Poole Quay Boat Haven Unfortunately for you its not an MDL marina so you would have to pay for your berth.  The reason I have suggested this marina is there are no bridges to navigate through, its right on the quay so evening entertainment is just a stroll away and returning you would just have to fall back on your boats or B&B's are close to hand.  Meals can be basic pub, better pub or if enough notice is given Michelin star style grub are all available.  If you were to go for the only MDL marina in Poole that would be Cobbs Quay and although its a good Marina it has the bridges making it difficult for the uninitiated.  There is only one bar near by that could entertain us without taxis and that is Cobbs Yacht club (read as pub) which is ok just.  I could probably call on Mrs M to ferry peeps about if needs be but you would owe me loads of beer Yes emoticon

What dates did you have in Mind?

6 minutes ago, Maverick said:

UnSaintly you know very well I said the exact opposite but I don't mind helping with advice and providing a few marks assuming I'm not away fishing with our club that is..

The only Marina worth thinking about is Poole Quay Boat Haven Unfortunately for you its not an MDL marina so you would have to pay for your berth.  The reason I have suggested this marina is there are no bridges to navigate through, its right on the quay so evening entertainment is just a stroll away and returning you would just have to fall back on your boats or B&B's are close to hand.  Meals can be basic pub, better pub or if enough notice is given Michelin star style grub are all available.  If you were to go for the only MDL marina in Poole that would be Cobbs Quay and although its a good Marina it has the bridges making it difficult for the uninitiated.  There is only one bar near by that could entertain us without taxis and that is Cobbs Yacht club (read as pub) which is ok just.  I could probably call on Mrs M to ferry peeps about if needs be but you would owe me loads of beer Yes emoticon

What dates did you have in Mind?

We haven't thought that far ahead to be honest. We were going to wait until after our Poole charter trip in March to see if peeps agreed on Poole. Even though the most insistent pre Madonna ( @Odyssey) has now declared he's not coming.