Odyssey

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Awww! How sweet! And great timing too. How old is she? Cocker or sprocker?

She’s an 18 month old roan blue working cocker. Travels in car a treat, just wants love. 

How anyone could wa t fo put her to sleep for being too much hassle is beyond me….. Vet called a friend of a friend who took her, rang my mate up as a temporary foster and I got a call for a meet and greet… I was told she’s really timid so you may need to meet her a few times… She came out, sat in my lap, followed me around, it was a done deal 🤣

Some cruel people in world.

Wasn’t looking as it was a bit soon but when you see one as lovely natured as her it’s hard to say no 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Odyssey

2 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

She’s an 18 month old roan blue working cocker. Travels in car a treat, just wants love. 

How anyone could wa t fo put her to sleep for being too much hassle is beyond me….. Some cruel people in world. Wasn’t looking as it was a bit soon but when you see one as lovely natured as her it’s hard to say no 🤣🤣🤣

Even better timing for her that you found each other then. Assuming no aggression issues, she's likely just being an energetic teenager and should settle down soon, and sooner if she feels loved and secure. 🥰👍

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Even better timing for her that you found each other then. Assuming no aggression issues, she's likely just being an energetic teenager and should settle down soon, and sooner if she feels loved and secure. 🥰👍

No agression, just an overgrown pup who wants a cuddle. Can pick her up, she walks well on lead, house trained, got recall…. Smells a bit as needs a bath, at least we got that in common 🤣🤣🤣 But a well mannered pup who needs to continue her training and in a bit go to the boat and see what she does 🙂 

56 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Funnily enough, we collect a 4 yr old lab cross rescue dog at the weekend.... Aparently he's in to fishing, shooting, boating and bikes, he also has a degree in mechanical engineering and is a coded welder!!

🤣🤣

Sounds great Steve. He should be able to teach you a few extra skills - I can see fishy getting his bits fairly soon now. Geoff.:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

How anyone could wa t fo put her to sleep for being too much hassle is beyond me….. Vet called a friend of a friend who took her, rang my mate up as a temporary foster and I got a call for a meet and greet… I was told she’s really timid so you may need to meet her a few times… She came out, sat in my lap, followed me around, it was a done deal 🤣

Some cruel people in world.

Wasn’t looking as it was a bit soon but when you see one as lovely natured as her it’s hard to say no 🤣🤣🤣

just what you needed.

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Sounds great Steve. He should be able to teach you a few extra skills - I can see fishy getting his bits fairly soon now. Geoff.:classic_wink:

His bits are all cleaned up standing on my mill waiting to be welded. Just got to decide whether to MIG or arc weld them, most likely MIG. Unless of course the hound is a dab hand at arc, then he can do it 😉

1 minute ago, suzook12 said:

His bits are all cleaned up standing on my mill waiting to be welded. Just got to decide whether to MIG or arc weld them, most likely MIG. Unless of course the hound is a dab hand at arc, then he can do it 😉

I told you Neil - I think that I deserved better than a rainbow! Geoff.☺️

10 minutes ago, Malc said:

Had a few spaniels, great dogs and full of life, they start to slow up around 10 years old 😜

They're the best breed in my opinion. Great as working dogs and family pets, and I love their energy. Can't understand why some people find that offputting as for me it's a key part of why they're so appealing.

Energy? Nah she’s asleep next to me, until I open the biscuit jar then moved faster than speed of light to get there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shes fitting in really well. Not so keen on other dogs in the park and needs to understand it’s my coffee not hers apart from that she’s doing amazing. 

Trip to boat tomorrow, the acid test….. 

Edited by Odyssey

21 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Energy? Nah she’s asleep next to me, until I open the biscuit jar then moved faster than speed of light to get there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shes fitting in really well. Not so keen on other dogs in the park and needs to understand it’s my coffee not hers apart from that she’s doing amazing. 

Trip to boat tomorrow, the acid test….. 

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, but in the interests of helping her settle in as perfectly as possible, I'd be tempted to wait a while longer before introducing any more new, potentially unsettling changes to her. She's been through a lot of (probably unwelcome) change in her little life, so a short period of stability to get to know and trust you really solidly might be worth exploring. Then, in a few weeks time, you could take her on the boat on the mooring (engines off). Give her a chance to have a sniff and get used to a very new environment,and to make sure that if she does leap overboard you can gather her up as easily as possible! 🤣. Next time, you could try it with the engines on, and the time after that, you could try a short trip out.

Again, not intending this to be unsolicited advice or anything, just from a dogs perspective trust goes a long way, and she may find it harder to trust you in future if you take her onto the boat too soon and it freaks her out.

16 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs, but in the interests of helping her settle in as perfectly as possible, I'd be tempted to wait a while longer before introducing any more new, potentially unsettling changes to her. She's been through a lot of (probably unwelcome) change in her little life, so a short period of stability to get to know and trust you really solidly might be worth exploring. Then, in a few weeks time, you could take her on the boat on the mooring (engines off). Give her a chance to have a sniff and get used to a very new environment,and to make sure that if she does leap overboard you can gather her up as easily as possible! 🤣. Next time, you could try it with the engines on, and the time after that, you could try a short trip out.

Again, not intending this to be unsolicited advice or anything, just from a dogs perspective trust goes a long way, and she may find it harder to trust you in future if you take her onto the boat too soon and it freaks her out.

It’s only a walk down the pontoon and sit on deck, no moving etc. just see how she reacts to water. 

So far it’s walks in same place, same route. All about routine… then meet a few new people slowly etc.