not boat angling i know - but new beach reel needed...

so my old cheapie beach fixed spool reel is on its way out and i fancy a new surf/beach reel - ive been looking at the Tronix pro Guerilla 8000 as its under £50

any other ideas? suggestions around the £50 mark?

also best line? 

its a minefield out there!

TIA

Keep an eye out for a decent used Abu 6500 mag elite. The early green ones were good- I think they were the first ones and still producing Sweden. 
They are really user friendly, easy to service and readily available parts. 
I also use mine on light rods on the boat for scratching, which I do a lot of.

I recon you should be able to find one for £50-60 in good order. 

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

Keep an eye out for a decent used Abu 6500 mag elite. The early green ones were good- I think they were the first ones and still producing Sweden. 
They are really user friendly, easy to service and readily available parts. 
I also use mine on light rods on the boat for scratching, which I do a lot of.

I recon you should be able to find one for £50-60 in good order. 

nice one - i have an old swedish made Abu 9000 that got me back into multipliers - but its showing its age too!

genuine    ABU      elites  are sort after       ive a few    Green Mag Elites   & the Blue  Elites      and a  load  of the older    ABU   9000C &  ABU 12        Doubt any of the Newer  Reels on the  Market will last as long as the OLD  ABU reels         Most of the Newer reels are made in China      or under the Pure Fishing  Label     tight lines  Alain 

1 minute ago, willyhookit said:

genuine    ABU      elites  are sort after       ive a few    Green Mag Elites   & the Blue  Elites      and a  load  of the older    ABU   9000C &  ABU 12        Doubt any of the Newer  Reels on the  Market will last as long as the OLD  ABU reels         Most of the Newer reels are made in China      or under the Pure Fishing  Label     tight lines  Alain 

I just see this! Absolutely mental money. 

E2D08520-B42D-4AE2-9251-CF73BC8252B4.jpeg

@mike farrants , if you want a decent FS reel then I'm afraid you are going to need to at least double your budget. Nothing in the £50 range will last. 
If that defo is the only spare cash you got then look at anything by shimano. Even their budget reels are better than the likes of tronix pro. 
You need a 10'000 size spool at least, take a look at the Shimano Aerlex 10000 XSB. 
Or any of their Ci4 reels. 
I have 2 x 10'000 and a 5'000 ultegra Ci4, they are excellent. Ive had them for 10 years now and serviced only twice, they've never skipped a beat!

I use ABU's as well

I have 2 mag elites and a C3, the C3 being equally as good as the mags, it even gets used in preference over the green mag

Any 6500 that has the made in Sweden badge on it will be good. A 7000 will also work and being man enough for general boat work as well. Easily handling 50LB tope.

As brands switch to cheaper manufacturing the price of the old stuff goes up as more people cotton on to how much better they are.

For your requirements/budget ABU 6500 all the way, and as also pointed out, spares readily available for them.

If you could happen to land yourself a shimano TSM II CFS I will call you a jammy bast*rd lol, a rare but iconic beach reel, not to be confused with the FS variant, as that has no centrigal brakes

I saw a Penn slammer on Facebook for £70 earlier, tgey seem good coffee grinders for the money. 

I used to use an Aerelex 8000 years ago, see them on eBay etc, nice reels 🙂