Muppets

6 hours ago, JonC said:

Have you got a picture of one set up? (Don’t worry about the bait)

@Andy135I couldn’t work out how to quote within a quote, what with my reading disability and all. But this was my original response. Not much to ask really, just a laid out image of the actual rig you made that intrigued me so much. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:35 AM, Andy135 said:

Do many people use them? I've seen and read of them being used for many types of fishing - sharking, cod, conger, ling etc. Curious to hear whether those who use them notice an improvement in catches/catch rates. Or are they more for catching anglers?

Disclaimer - I have a couple of packs of them in various colours, but I have yet to use them in anger. Thoughts?

I stick them on assist hooks to the bottom of pirks for 2 reasons, first as an attractor then second, I reckon it actually stopped me loosing as many pirks into wrecks as they added a bit more buoyancy to the hooks. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:35 AM, Andy135 said:

Do many people use them? I've seen and read of them being used for many types of fishing - sharking, cod, conger, ling etc. Curious to hear whether those who use them notice an improvement in catches/catch rates. Or are they more for catching anglers?

Disclaimer - I have a couple of packs of them in various colours, but I have yet to use them in anger. Thoughts?

I stick them on assist hooks to the bottom of pirks for 2 reasons, first as an attractor then second, I reckon it actually stopped me loosing as many pirks into wrecks as they added a bit more buoyancy to the hooks. 

6 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

it would be good to see how you attach the dropper/flapper - 

im assuming you have a one up one down - the one up is a muppet and the one down is baited - im curious how it looks too....

Clipped into a swivel eye using a rig clip.

I've succumbed to peer pressure and will see if I can put up a pic of the whole rig, fully assembled.

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Got any pictures? 

T44Le4d.jpg

dyb57HO.jpg

Tied to the lower rig clip is 6ft of 40lb mono, with the usual zip slider, bead and another swivel. The pennell hooklength is clipped into the swivel using another rig clip. That's all you're getting for now.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why not just tie straight to the swivel?

So I can double-pat whilst fishing. One muppet hooklength baited up and ready to go, then switch it for the old one quickly.

Just now, mike farrants said:

so the lead is locked in on a slider on the length between the clips for the muppet (shown) and the swivel to the bottom hook length - not going to get tangled up?

Shouldn't do, with the tides we have the dropper and pennel hooklength will stream away in the tide. Just lower gently to the seabed. 

24 minutes ago, Yorkie Angler said:

Also I use a fine wire hook as well as a heavy gauge hook, the fine wire hook would snap on a wreck so that use to help with the tackle loss as well. Use to just change both hooks out when I snapped the fine wire then remake them up when I got home.

EC3DA73E-E1E1-4A2F-815B-3D83B218CA7F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

T44Le4d.jpg

dyb57HO.jpg

Tied to the lower rig clip is 6ft of 40lb mono, with the usual zip slider, bead and another swivel. The pennell hooklength is clipped into the swivel using another rig clip. That's all you're getting for now.

Could you please get it all into one grand? I’m having trouble viewing it, I’ve got my phone next to my iPad but they don’t line up still. 

11 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

So I can double-pat whilst fishing. One muppet hooklength baited up and ready to go, then switch it for the old one quickly.

Would you consider using a three way swivel at the node point? 

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Would you consider using a three way swivel at the node point? 

Could do, but I don't currently have any suitably sized 3-ways - only little tiddly ones for breaming.

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Will take a proper pic in a bit. On a Teams video call at present and can't get up to take a photo of the wall in front of my camera 😬🤣

Edited to say they can see me typing on video, but they just think I'm replying to emails 😉

I’m not that bothered. You have kind of spoiled it for me now.