Brixham 10th Jan

jonnyswamp

Excellent work Nick! What a lovely bass! Congratulations on breaking your double duck. And well done on the SPJ's too. What jigs were they taking?

3.30am is a bloomin' early start. Kudos for the effort. Sounds like a cracking trip on a lovely boat though. @Saintly Fish, might be worth looking this skipper up for an OO charter perhaps? 

As for the wreck, I'm guessing it was the MV Murree, a large, modern cargo ship: https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?137154

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Excellent work Nick! What a lovely bass! Congratulations on breaking your double duck. And well done on the SPJ's too. What jigs were they taking?

3.30am is a bloomin' early start. Kudos for the effort. Sounds like a cracking trip on a lovely boat though. @Saintly Fish, might be worth looking this skipper up for an OO charter perhaps? 

As for the wreck, I'm guessing it was the MV Murree, a large, modern cargo ship: https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?137154

I don't know the name of the jig Andy, just a long thin 200g one. Silver and blue with an orange stripe down the one side. Only had the one Bass on jigs, all my others took a 6"dark Mackerel firetail Sidewinder

Yes the boat was about the best I've been on for deck space and cabin space

Great when everyone can get inside and sit on a proper seat, it meant I could grab an hour or so shut eye on the way back in, which made the drive home a bit easier

As for the wreck, I assume it was the Murree, going on how high it sat

Edited by jonnyswamp

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Nice report @jonnyswamp
Shame you didn't get to weigh the bass because it's like photos, if you don't weigh it it don't count!! (Well not as a PB anyhooo).
Better luck next time! 💪🏻

I completely agree, it was out of the water a good few minutes and I didn't want it going back dead

A schoolboy error, with regards to not having a scales to hand, which won't happen again

A bit like my chances of catching another double figure Bass, it won't happen again 😭

8 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I completely agree, it was out of the water a good few minutes and I didn't want it going back dead

A schoolboy error, with regards to not having a scales to hand, which won't happen again

A bit like my chances of catching another double figure Bass, it won't happen again 😭

Weight is just a mere technicality. As long as YOU know it's your biggest yet. That's all that counts. 

Just not here!! 😇

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Looks a good fish, the big I’ve seen in person was 15, a skipper called Dave weaving caught it he was only fishing for about half an hour, he caught two good ones then he fucked off back in his shed . 

As everyone says when a fish looks smaller than what's claimed

The photo doesn't do it justice, it was really fat....😄

13 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

He’s not cheap but he’s a good skipper, does Tuna trips too 

We paid £80 each (9 anglers in total on boat) Sailed at 7am and back on the pontoon after 5pm, so not too dear IMHO

Travelled to 6/7 wrecks throughout the day and didn't plod about either, 16/18 knots most of the time, so used a fair bit of fuel no doubt

Seems well up on his shark knowledge too

That’s a good price! It’s £60 a head for a few undersided cod on some boats from Cardiff….

He’s a top skipper! If you are ever looking to fill a boat wrecking or plaids turbot foshing let me know, I’d be happy to tag along 🙂 

58 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

That’s a good price! It’s £60 a head for a few undersided cod on some boats from Cardiff….

He’s a top skipper! If you are ever looking to fill a boat wrecking or plaids turbot foshing let me know, I’d be happy to tag along 🙂 

No worries, if anything comes up I'll let you know 👍

12 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Quite fancy a bit of shork fashing myself 🤣