Whiting

Not really catch and cook as i ididnt catch - but i took home my mates Whiting, filleted, goujoned, breadcrumbs, shallow fried, served with minty new potatoes and fine green beans. And a crisp cold Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.

image.png.c961ba576703d762c4f144e45aff8e93.png

image.png.d884e3f43229105e7bc463404384d1c0.png

image.png.f0ed967a74f55d22a1b144fb990726fe.png

first time id tried it, and it was delicious - very similar to Cod - not a strong flavour at all but lovely white flakes!

Very nice! We eat whiting fairly frequently. The kids like them as goujons, or "fish bites" as they call them, and we cook them in pretty much the same way as you, but we do them in seasoned flour, then shallow fried. Might try breadcrumbs next time - did you dip them in egg first to get the crumbs to stick to the fish?

didnt bother with the egg - i found after the squid that you dont really need it - the fish is wet anyway!

I just covered them in cheap tesco breadcrumbs and fried - i used plain as i wanted to taste the fish - next time i might add more seasoning, chilli flakes or use the southern fried breadrumbs that i used on the squid