DIY Tackle, any ideas?

Malc

I admit that I like sitting down and making up my own traces/rigs and used to make my own fishing flies. When walking along the beach I also fill my pockets up with bits of lost or discarded line, I will even take some home rather than bin if there are bits of tackle in among it, but I don't reuse the likes of swivels or clips for safety reasons. In amongst the stuff I found yesterday was this.

1669625392_IMG_20220119_0856227562.thumb.jpg.b5e2639cb307db44858f20c9445173e1.jpg

The mind boggles, I presume that it was a lead link but the lead was not there and the SS wire is very strong too? 

Edited by Malc

30 minutes ago, Malc said:

I admit that I like sitting down and making up my own traces/rigs and used to make my own fishing flies. When walking along the beach I also fill my pockets up with bits of lost or discarded line, I will even take some home rather than bin if there are bits of tackle in among it, but I don't reuse the likes of swivels or clips for safety reasons. In amongst the stuff I found yesterday was this.

1669625392_IMG_20220119_0856227562.thumb.jpg.b5e2639cb307db44858f20c9445173e1.jpg

The mind boggles, I presume that it was a lead link but the lead was not there and the SS wire is very strong too? 

I too like to make my own traces, tie my own flies and even pour my own soft plastic lures (jelly worms, shad and eel bodies). Good on you for cleaning up your beaches. Not sure what's going on with that lead link. 😬

47 minutes ago, Malc said:

Live bait slider?

Both salt and fresh, this was in the salty bit, I'm pretty sure no one would be livebaiting for the creatures in it mostly small stuff, codling Pollock coalie whiting dabs and other flats. 

When it was full of "rubbish" there were great bait beds, lots of decent fish, a six pound codling was a reasonable sized fish and flounder around a pound were common.

Prefer the Lindisfarne version

19 minutes ago, Malc said:

Both salt and fresh, this was in the salty bit, I'm pretty sure no one would be livebaiting for the creatures in it mostly small stuff, codling Pollock coalie whiting dabs and other flats. 

When it was full of "rubbish" there were great bait beds, lots of decent fish, a six pound codling was a reasonable sized fish and flounder around a pound were common.

Prefer the Lindisfarne version

Well it was only a guess, just looked to me that it would do as a live bait clip.