Navionics app misbehaving?

YES - exactly this - multiple times and on iphone and tablet - simple reisntall seems to fix it!

happened on tims tablet while we were out at the weekend - he had to use his phone which was annoying - my advice is to check it before leaving home so you can re install under WIFI.

25 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

YES - exactly this - multiple times and on iphone and tablet - simple reisntall seems to fix it!

happened on tims tablet while we were out at the weekend - he had to use his phone which was annoying - my advice is to check it before leaving home so you can re install under WIFI.

I’ve never had a problem with it until now, I went out last week using it as a plotter as my old Garmin is dead and I was surprised how slow it was to update my heading compared to the 15 year old unit I am used to. I was in my local area which I know very well so there was never any danger of getting lost or running aground. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, JonC said:

I’ve never had a problem with it until now, I went out last week using it as a plotter as my old Garmin is dead and I was surprised how slow it was to update my heading compared to the 15 year old unit I am used to. I was in my local area which I know very well so there was never any danger of getting lost or running aground. 

That is because of ‘how’ the technology is implemented with regard to most phone apps, even  a 20  year old 6channel GPS would be quicker !

However, Garmin ActiveCaptain is quick enough to use in anger, due to the way in which Garmin read the GPS data.  I will be ditching navionics this year in favour of ActiveCaptain which uses my registered G3 vision chart tiles.

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

That is because of ‘how’ the technology is implemented with regard to most phone apps, even  a 20  year old 6channel GPS would be quicker !

However, Garmin ActiveCaptain is quick enough to use in anger, due to the way in which Garmin read the GPS data.  I will be ditching navionics this year in favour of ActiveCaptain which uses my registered G3 vision chart tiles.

I never bothered renewing Navionics. I didn't really see the point. 
Active captain at the helm and in the phone is enough. 

19 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I never bothered renewing Navionics. I didn't really see the point. 
Active captain at the helm and in the phone is enough. 

Yes, I think that’s what approach I’ll use once I actually get my new unit fitted. There’s been some legal wranglings with the supplier over installing it. 

43 minutes ago, JonC said:

Yes, I think that’s what approach I’ll use once I actually get my new unit fitted. There’s been some legal wranglings with the supplier over installing it. 

That's not good, I hope you didn't buy it on the cheap? 
you gets what yer pays for!