Wrecking

Josh

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Hi all

been a while sorry been quiet 

I had been in awe of recent weather readings over the last couple weeks and was just too tempting for a trip out.

so I rallied up my troop which was my dad for this trip booked the b n b didn’t want to rough it this time . Specially with pops.

got down to the West Country in good time Friday night ready to fish Saturday.

so plan was with minimal to pretty much no wrecking done on my own boat I wanted to get out and try . I wanted to get to about 20 miles then start but the northerly was a little choppy so I held tighter for cover and said we will fish outwards and hope it flattens which it did.

so on to the first wreck I chose ling rigs baited with mackerel that I had brought down.

dad went on lures for pollack

1st drift a pout 

2nd drift moved over a tad.. dads rod lunges over and zoomed off good pollack to start the day well chuffed we were specially as we were overlooking these inshore wrecks.

40F8F5D0-09E2-4742-9BFD-E86625E09A88.thumb.jpeg.7906c61fa8b03f251ddd15df0d5d5ad1.jpeg

so yeah let’s re run that drift 3rd drift in and I’m getting a few pecks I thought pout but then my rod tightens up then i thought oh shit snag

then it moved ! And started really kicking ect oh yes I said we got either a ling or a conger on here !

After a good account it surfaced so lightly hooked on to the boat and I was totally totally made up !

i thought maybe 20 lb looking but the Ruben heatens said 16’ n hlf … either way I was well buzzing specially so soon I’m the trip !29BAFC5F-6985-42D0-A16D-D037DDCF9F5F.jpeg.85525a72e3952720950979f1da4e8ed6.jpeg

she was really fat too

Anyway as the weather improved we pushed around other wrecks with not a lot of joy I did

manage a half decent pollack and smaller fish some jumbo pout whiting and cuokoo  wrasseA1A69F0F-9046-46CB-98B4-1E2DD95F08D4.thumb.jpeg.765b5e3dbd557926c6dee9805799a3e8.jpeg

1A7AFDC2-52D5-4496-A290-C0E81F3AA01B.thumb.jpeg.e8d8de22eeeaf15926a8a29fd0bf4ecf.jpeg
and the dolphins showed up which is of course always a welcome sight FB7E4736-EE60-40D4-87A5-130BF8188335.png.36e36b68244978f0b401c8502893b2fc.png

until next time !

Josh

Well done Josh, some super fish there.

I was going out with my mate today, and we had planned the 40 - 50 mile wrecks, but the wind turned easterly (not as forecast) so we gave it a miss.

I haven't been out since the 17th due to a poorly tow truck with intermittent electrical issues, but that is now almost solved, so I will be out there when the next suitable weather arrives.

23 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Well done Josh, some super fish there.

I was going out with my mate today, and we had planned the 40 - 50 mile wrecks, but the wind turned easterly (not as forecast) so we gave it a miss.

I haven't been out since the 17th due to a poorly tow truck with intermittent electrical issues, but that is now almost solved, so I will be out there when the next suitable weather arrives.

Hopefully you sort the car out soon did I see u said it was a jeep in a prev post ?

Then be back out there on the big winter pollack..

easterly never pleasant!

On 1/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, GPSguru said:

Yes, Cheep Cherokee KJ 2004 2.8CRD LTD, we have had it since it was almost new, and it has given excellent service.

Love the jeep

i have Jeep Grand Cherokee on a 08 3.0L crd ltd

ultimate towing weapon 

comfortable for long journeys ,

road tax is extortionate and fuel bill is moderate,, but beats killing the shit out of my previous Honda CR-V just wasn’t up to it.