Don't come fishing with me...

Andy135

Thanks for the day out Andy, I’m sure you get tax relief or something for taking people like me out anyway. 
We fished the same area as half a dozen boats to start with and as you said they all upped anchor about the same time as up. The pissy tide didn’t help us- there was very little run all day which is never good. 
And air pressure was wrong. 
And wind direction wasn’t ideal. 
It was a bit overcast too. 
I should have had different bait. 

Maybe Andy should have had a different crew! It sounds like a sad day for you Jon - not even a mention of a pot noodle. It was still far better to be out on the briny than being stuck at home watching Catherine Cookson or whatever. Well done both of you for getting out. Geoff. ☺️

Edited by Geoff

39 minutes ago, JonC said:

Thanks for the day out Andy, I’m sure you get tax relief or something for taking people like me out anyway. 
We fished the same area as half a dozen boats to start with and as you said they all upped anchor about the same time as up. The pissy tide didn’t help us- there was very little run all day which is never good. 
And air pressure was wrong. 
And wind direction wasn’t ideal. 
It was a bit overcast too. 
I should have had different bait. 

You should have had a different skipper 😔

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

All part of the learning curve mate. Don't be too down about it. Next time you'll most probably smash it!! 

He had a plan alright- I think it was a sinister plan to put me off of demanding an invite forever 🤣

53 minutes ago, Malc said:

Better than a day at the office...

This was Sunday. Solicitors and other legal wallahs live in a world of their own, and do not work weekends like the real workers have to (or did until retirement). Geoff. :classic_wink:

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

This was Sunday. Solicitors and other legal wallahs live in a world of their own, and do not work weekends like the real workers have to (or did until retirement). Geoff.

Ah Sunday! Twice in the last seven or so days I've had to ask what day it is, hopefully it is not dementia and just part of having been retired for over ten years 😁

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

Ah Sunday! Twice in the last seven or so days I've had to ask what day it is, hopefully it is not dementia and just part of having been retired for over ten years 😁

Every days a weekend for the retired!! 
Im not jealous though. 

2 hours ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Well done for getting out,  we had very much the same on Saturday,  6 miles off St Catherine's and it was lumpy, should have been 5-6mph NW but was more Westerly and well over 10mph 

Interesting. It certainly felt closer to 10 than the 3-4mph that was forecast on Sunday morning. I knew it would be a bit bumpy with wind over tide, but certainly should have been manageable for us in the Nab area.

Anyhow, thanks all for your words of encouragement. @JonC is welcome again any time - hopefully he'll give me another chance to put him on the fish, or at the very least, boil him a pot noodle. 👍

We came out about 12.30 and anchored in "The Browndown Hole" to fish the West Run because there was a blue boat in my spot.  We had several whiting mostly small in the first hour and then it went dead when the tide started running.  I then moved very close to shore where the whiting were biting and we finished up with 4 keepers.

33 minutes ago, Sailfish said:

We came out about 12.30 and anchored in "The Browndown Hole" to fish the West Run because there was a blue boat in my spot.  We had several whiting mostly small in the first hour and then it went dead when the tide started running.  I then moved very close to shore where the whiting were biting and we finished up with 4 keepers.

Yep, that was us! Second time we've met on the water it seems. Last time was at the Fingers if I remember correctly. 👍

Glad you found some keepers. I was hoping for one or two for a friend but none turned up on the end of my line 😖