navionics platinum plus cards

8 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

is there any advantage to adding one to my Garmin echomap 70s its already loaded with blue chart as standard any advantage eh?

You get the relief shading if your plotter supports it. 

Mine does but I just use sonar charts, catches me plenty of fish when I can get out….

5 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

You get the relief shading if your plotter supports it. 

Mine does but I just use sonar charts, catches me plenty of fish when I can get out….

I’ve only used relief shading on navionics through iPhone, I find that there’s too much going on- I fish along banks and gullies that are perfectly visible using the contours on a traditional chart view. 

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve only used relief shading on navionics through iPhone, I find that there’s too much going on- I fish along banks and gullies that are perfectly visible using the contours on a traditional chart view. 

Yep sometimes too much detail is just that. Too much.

3 hours ago, DINOBOY said:

Nice one chaps, so I can spend more on other junk instead lol. 

Essential fishing items you mean 😉 

Most of my fishing is on the drift over reefs or im uptiding so I agree with the veiw…

Its also worth noting, it’s a computer generated assumption based on the charted data…

I have just upgraded my twin Garmin 95SV Plus plotters to Bluechart G3 vision, however, the only way to get to load the HD relief shading tiles is by Wifi from ActiveCaptain. If you just download the G3 vision charts via Garmin express, then you don't activate the relief shading.

However, loading the tiles via Wifi/ActiveCaptain is a faff, as the loading process is very device dependant. I spent a few hours on the phone to Garmin support to try and understand the process better, and now I think I have it buttoned.

Everytime I tried to sync from my iPhone 11 Pro Max the process failed quite quickly. Garmin suggested the best plan was to use an iPad as the system was designed around that combination, however, the wife's iPad Air didn't have enough free memory and there was really nothing I could delete without being deep in the shit. In desperation, I tried her iPhone 11 Pro and it worked perfectly. The secret is to turn off auto lock, turn off low power mode, turn off Wi-Fi low data mode, disable Bluetooth, disable mobile data, and to shutdown the GSM channel, which is OK for a techy geek like me, but not every bodies cup of tea.

For me the added detail will be a big plus when inshore fishing, also I can use the same detail on my phone using activecaptain.