Just joined

Adeolly

Hi everyone - just joined the forum and wanted to say 'Hi' to all. I'm a lifelong fisherman, mostly sea, but several years chasing carp, with some of my earliest memories being at Ayr and Troon harbours fishing with my Dad at the age of 4. Now, half a century (yikes) later,  I have a share in a Beneteau Antares 9 based in Portsmouth harbour. I've been boating the Solent for 10 years+  with the family but fishing a secondary activity. With the kids now teengers and the family cruising days sadly gone, fishing is back on the top of the agenda.

Welcome Adeolly. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to your catch reports. Don't forget to show us your boat here: https://www.offshoreoutlaws.co.uk/forum/13-show-us-yer-boat/ 👍

I'm in Gosport Marina, on the drystack. Where are you?

7 hours ago, Adeolly said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...

@Andy135 We're based in Royal Claerence

@JonCHmm tricky one.... aren't 'favourite' and 'Pot Noodle' kind of mutually exclusive 😆

Very close by then! How do you like Royal Clarence? I considered it when looking for a home for Jersey Girl.

And yes, there's a strange, dare I say morbid, fascination with Pot Noodles amongst some on here 🤮🤮

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, Andy135 said:

Very close by then! How do you like Royal Clarence? I considered it when looking for a home for Jersey Girl.

And yes, there's a strange, dare I say morbid, fascination with Pot Noodles amongst some on here 🤮🤮

We like Royal Clarence. We kept our previous boat there for several years and like the fact it is sheltered and has easy all tides access. Downside is limited shoreside services, but there are plenty of nearby options for lift outs etc.