316 S/Steel hand Gaffs & De-Hooker

willyhookit

Been in the workshop     the other day making  two pairs of  Hand Gaffs  & a  boat side  Long De-Hooker    plus a  load of  Common Skate   nylon wind-on rubbing leaders  & Hook traces    things have started early  this year  no doubt  people are wanting to get out fishing  as soon as the weather improves   ill by out      Caravan site opens the First of March  over in whitby    not sure what day that falls on  ill have a look  later     so ill be over there    most weekend  if not away with the boat     Tight Lines  People     

273428221_4786487598054760_510482043240615886_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=X-HRywi6jK0AX-49cZs&_nc_ht=scontent.flba3-1.fna&oh=00_AT_BYv29EbIeRs4_1goZWaL-H71wTi60eau8kSqJkQY2nQ&oe=62082733

• Like 1

Useful bits of kit, I have the hand Gaffs in both 6mm and 12mm, the 12mm is used as a 'Liphook' on large mackerel, whereas the 6mm is the perfect size gaff for the RIB. If I am on my own and either haven't set up the net or cant be bothered with the net, then the 6mm hand gaff is perfect for keeper Bass and Pollock.

The 'unhooker' does a decent job, especially on fish with big teeth !