new marks

I've got loads on my plotter, whether they're any good or not is another matter 😄

Anywhere on the coral CAN produce

2022-02-09_08-44-05

This is just the general area

Aldridge shoal area, make sure your anchor is set to trip

I lost one here a few yrs ago, but also picked up a 12lb and 18lb cod on first 2 casts (not on my rod though)

2022-02-09_08-41-46

Pretty much most edges of this sand bank just off the Cardiff mid bouy, also the spoil grounds North of it

2022-02-09_08-41-28

If you want to travel a bit further up channel, Clevedon area can be good

2022-02-09_08-40-51

The south side of the big sand bank (middle grounds) used to be very good

Be very careful if you fish in between the sand banks just North of Sand point (they can be good though)

These banks are not always where they should be !

I haven't really got many marks that need to be anchored very accurately, as long as you can get on the slope of a bank (whether front, back or side will depend on tide etc) or over a rough bit of ground, that's generally good enough

All the above have produced Cod, good luck

I shall be out this Friday and probably head up around Clevedon way with the flood and see what's about

7 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've got loads on my plotter, whether they're any good or not is another matter 😄

Anywhere on the coral CAN produce

2022-02-09_08-44-05

This is just the general area

Aldridge shoal area, make sure your anchor is set to trip

I lost one here a few yrs ago, but also picked up a 12lb and 18lb cod on first 2 casts (not on my rod though)

2022-02-09_08-41-46

Pretty much most edges of this sand bank just off the Cardiff mid bouy, also the spoil grounds North of it

2022-02-09_08-41-28

If you want to travel a bit further up channel, Clevedon area can be good

2022-02-09_08-40-51

The south side of the big sand bank (middle grounds) used to be very good

Be very careful if you fish in between the sand banks just North of Sand point (they can be good though)

These banks are not always where they should be !

I haven't really got many marks that need to be anchored very accurately, as long as you can get on the slope of a bank (whether front, back or side will depend on tide etc) or over a rough bit of ground, that's generally good enough

All the above have produced Cod, good luck

I shall be out this Friday and probably head up around Clevedon way with the flood and see what's about

thanks mate never fished that mark in between lavernock and sully can it only be fished on neap  tides our does it not matter. what sort of depth is it. wish you all the best for friday i was meant to get out saturday  but the winds are up again  and sunday  unless it changes again tight lines fella have a good one.

16 hours ago, daio web said:

thanks mate never fished that mark in between lavernock and sully can it only be fished on neap  tides our does it not matter. what sort of depth is it. wish you all the best for friday i was meant to get out saturday  but the winds are up again  and sunday  unless it changes again tight lines fella have a good one.

If you mean the mark wide off sully Island near Aldridge shoal, then yes a smaller tide is best

I have fished it on around a 11m tide IIRC, but needs to be calm

Depths of around 50 ft plus, getting deeper the further you go out towards the main channel