boat ballast .

16 minutes ago, daio web said:

hi guys do any of you stick extra ballast down in the bilge to make your boats a bit more stable i have only got a colvic seaworker  so i would think that it should not affect  my speed many thanks daio

You really shouldn't need to. Try distributing weight already on the boat a bit better first. If not, then wakeboarding water ballast bags would do the job. Better than lead shot as water is neutral weight should you start to sink. 

42 minutes ago, daio web said:

haha you should never joke about sinking will shift some gear about first 😂

It's not a joke mate. My point is, if your going to add weight then should the unthinkable ever happen, then having negative weight ballast could quite possibly buy you precious minutes to organise and abandon ship. 
Bags of water are very heavy, until put in water where the weight will be neutral. 
You could start with a few 20ltr plastic canisters. And when you find the correct weight required and position of said weight, then replace the canisters with a bag. 

I use a wake board ballast bag to help mine sit down at the stern/up at the bow. My hull is designed to run bow up, so she likes a bit of weight in the stern.

Agree with @Saintly Fish on relocating existing weight first before adding any. I run two house batteries and a start battery, and I deliberately positioned the second house battery to the starboard side to give better side-to-side weight distribution.

ive heard of people putting pig iron in colvics, but also stability can come from the bilge keels - not sure of your set up below the waterline but i've seen various shapes of bilge keel/skegs - the larger the surface area the less rolling side to side surely.

432224-388788.jpg.8cb42171243c6339fbe9d0841c724f4f.jpg

58 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

ive heard of people putting pig iron in colvics, but also stability can come from the bilge keels - not sure of your set up below the waterline but i've seen various shapes of bilge keel/skegs - the larger the surface area the less rolling side to side surely.

432224-388788.jpg.8cb42171243c6339fbe9d0841c724f4f.jpg

My one had metal ‘bricks’ laid all the way along  the bilge. 

7 hours ago, JonC said:

My one had metal ‘bricks’ laid all the way along  the bilge. 

did you take all the ballast out our leave it in mate  i think mine is over the top it was like it when i bought it i was thinking could i remove it it must be useing more fuel 

15 minutes ago, daio web said:

did you take all the ballast out our leave it in mate  i think mine is over the top it was like it when i bought it i was thinking could i remove it it must be useing more fuel 

I think maybe you should put some pictures up on the "show us yer boat" thread. Then we can all look and admire. 

17 hours ago, daio web said:

You would think, but if it needs the ballast to sit right, it may even use less