Batten down the hatches!

Andy135

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Storm Eunice is on her way and she seems pretty pissed off! A red warning for our south-west and south Wales Outlaws 😱

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60417263

Lets hope the dry stack survives.

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Lets hope the dry stack survives.

65mph winds in Gosport tomorrow, and 73mph in my bit of Berkshire! Knowing my luck, either my boat or my trees will fall over. 😭

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

I hear there's a new flying boat service starting in the South/South West very soon

I think @Andy135’s boat should be ok because he left his trim tabs down equally so it should bomb straight down without rolling too much 

Eerily quite here in Poole at the moment but winds forecast to start increasing at around 1am getting up to 93 mph for 9am tomorrow.  I will be going down to Cobbs Quay at some point tomorrow to check my boat, what I find will determine whether I have coffee or something stronger 

Hmmm,

The MetO are backing down at bit and the max wind here is forecast 57mph @9:00am, however, XC weather are continuing to forecast 78mph @9:00, the difference in the two forecasts is storm force 10 or hurricane force 12 !

The track of the low has altered slightly by going further North which means that the Bristol Channel & North Devon will get a battering.

Lots of boats sheltering in Lyme Bay as it is sheltered to the west / SW, it is east or NE that gives us extreme storm conditions, however, I wouldn't want to be fishing on Exmouth or Chesil beach's tonight as they both face SW.

The most accurate forecast is normally 'TWO' (The weather Oulook) and this again is 79mph at 9-12

Weather.jpg.72647d7b62904633e6c5a7014632e838.jpg

My boat is tucked up in the driveway, and sheltered from the S/SW by the garage........

Edited by GPSguru

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Eerily quite here in Poole at the moment but winds forecast to start increasing at around 1am getting up to 93 mph for 9am tomorrow.  I will be going down to Cobbs Quay at some point tomorrow to check my boat, what I find will determine whether I have coffee or something stronger 

Fingers crossed for you Martin. 93mph is immense! Hopefully you'll have nothing to report (and nothing to drink either!).

They've just upped the forecast here by 3 to 76mph. Hope they don't increase it any further 😬🤞

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Hmmm,

The MetO are backing down at bit and the max wind here is forecast 57mph @9:00am, however, XC weather are continuing to forecast 78mph @9:00, the difference in tost two forecasts is storm force 10 or hurricane force 12 !

The track of the low has altered slightly by going further North which means that the Bristol Channel & North Devon will get a battering.

Lots of boats sheltering in Lyme Bay as it is sheltered to the west / SW, it is east or NE that gives us extreme storm conditions, however, I wouldn't want to be fishing on Exmouth or Chesil beach's tonight as they both face SW.

The most accurate forecast is normally 'TWO' (The weather Oulook) and this again is 79mph at 9-12

Weather.jpg.72647d7b62904633e6c5a7014632e838.jpg

My boat is tucked up in the driveway, and sheltered from the S/SW by the garage........

Well, at least no one could accuse the Met Office and partners of doing a "Michael Fish" again this time. Hopefully we're getting a worst case forecast and the actual wind speeds tomorrow will be lower.

its a bit Mork here.........

all i can hear is the shingle getting slammed - and i'm over a mile away from chesil - but the noise from it is something else - its like having a motorway nearby - a constant rumble, will be interest into see the aftermatch over at portland/chesil cove - the poor houses there will be being pelted with stones and debris - and the stones are BIG at the portland end! 

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

its a bit Mork here.........

all i can hear is the shingle getting slammed - and i'm over a mile away from chesil - but the noise from it is something else - its like having a motorway nearby - a constant rumble, will be interest into see the aftermatch over at portland/chesil cove - the poor houses there will be being pelted with stones and debris - and the stones are BIG at the portland end! 

Definitely wouldn't want to be on Portland right now!

Up this way we've already had a couple of trees down in the village, and the worst is yet to come.

my front fence - 3 out of 4 posts gone at the base....... its a goner - it wont hold on much longer

back fence one post was already gone - my quick repair with slabs and bags of compost seems to be holding so far! 

stay safe everyone - its pretty brutal here at the moment!