Fishing in Austria

Wolv Gar

Hey folks, 

I'am from austria and found this website during my search for a special boat i want to buy. Unfortunatley it is kinda old and the company producing it went out of business.
Primarly I'am here to find this type of boat with some of your help i may be successfull,

So thank you very much for any help in advance!

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hi @Wolv Gar. Welcome to the forum. Maybe if you give us some information on what you're after it would help?

Forget this 👆🏻 Ive just seen your wanted post. 

Thanks for asking, but i thought people do not like to see this linked or mentioned in the introduction

11 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Welcome @Wolv Gar. Curious to know more about your fishing in Austria. What species, techniques etc?

Hi Andy,
Austria is offering lots of mountain-rivers with large populations of trout-species. Flyfshing is the gentlemens technique and those who "cast the fly" sometimes recognize their fishing as an art. So from very cold rivers with ideal conditions for trouts we also have slow nutricious rivers that join the danube like the river March. In 2014 someone catched a "pacu" there, a vegetarian piraniah... obviously a invasive species i belive.

https://www.vienna.at/exotischer-fisch-in-der-march-gefangen-kein-piranha-sondern-pacu/4093172

The danube itself hosts a very special lifeform, the beluga sturgeon, or sometimes called "Monsterstör" or "Donaustör", or "Hausen"
I have never seen a living one myself but we belive they swallow children swimmin to far into the river 😉

Edited by Wolv Gar

On 2/21/2022 at 10:39 PM, Wolv Gar said:

Hey folks, 

I'am from austria and found this website during my search for a special boat i want to buy. Unfortunatley it is kinda old and the company producing it went out of business.
Primarly I'am here to find this type of boat with some of your help i may be successfull,

So thank you very much for any help in advance!

hiya butt welcome to the forum